Thursday, January 4, 2007

Letter #4 MTC

Dad,
So I don't even know where to start. I have officially been homesick for the first time on my mission. But I never expected it to come the way it did. I think I'll jsut copy what I wrote in my journal... Dec. 31, 2006 - Sunday, It was after a fireside where Sheri Dew spoke about missionary work, which was great!
"After the fireside we were given the opportunity to watch "The Testaments" which most of our Zone did. I have seen this movie multiple times before and loved it, but it has never hit me like it did tonight. I truly felt the love of my Heavenly Father in my life. As I said before, I didn't expect the homesickness to come the way it did; I honestly expected to miss my mom or Mary-Anne first, but I didn't. The truth is, it came through the recogniton of my father's love for me. One of the story lines in the movie is that of the relationship of Helam and is son, Jacob. It truly touched and pierced my heart because it spoke of the love which my dad has for me. One part that hit me especially hard was when Helam was praying for his son. I con't help but think of all the times that my father must have knelt in earnest prayer for me. I am so grateful for my dad and for all that he has taught me. I haven't always been receptive to his counsel when he has offered it, but I hope that somehow he will know that I am always listening and am looking to him for an example. I would not be half of the person I am today without the love and counsel of my father. I am so grateful for him and for the relationship we have. I love him so much!"
Dad, I just want to say thank you for all you have done for me. I have so many great memories of us and I'm so grateful for that. A lot of laughter and smiles have plagued our time together. Some of the elders in my district have fathers who are not member of the church, or are not active. This has just deepened y gratitude for you. Today I went to the temple for the first time, and I couldn't help but think of how sad/weird it was to not have you there. I've been to the temple without you multiple times, but I just missed your presence there today.
Dad, I love you. I love the example you set for me as to what a diligent and worthy priesthood holder should be. So much of my knowledge of the gospel and the goundation of my testimony is based on what I have learned from you. Thank you.
I don't know if I;ll have time to write another letter to the family, because we have class tonight, so send them my love. Tell mom I will make up for it! You all mean so much to me, and I cont' wait to hear from you! I love You! 3rd John 1:4 - I'm doing my best!
Love Always, Your Son,
Elder Taylor

No comments: