Thursday, January 25, 2007

Letter #7 MTC

! Hola Familia!
This isn't going to be the longest letter of my life because I have a lot to get done today, but I'll do my best! Mom, you did a wonderful job translating the beginning of my last letter, 100%.
Today I had a really cool experience going to the temple. While we were on our way up, we stopped with Elder Vonasek and Elder Christian, who are in our zone, and were just talking by the fountain. A sister came up to us and asked if we could give a blessing to a man who was sitting over on a bench with another man and woman. She explained that he had a court case he was feeling uncomfortable with and asked if we could do that for him. We eagerly said yes, and walked over. The man's name was Sergio. The other Elders just looked at me, so I stepped behind the bench and proceeded to give him a blessing. It was a really neat experience and a great way to start off the day at the temple! So I've officially given my first blessing as a missionary! Dad, right when they asked me, your saying flashed through my head - "Be where you're supposed to be when you're supposed to be there!" It was such a great blessing. We didn't have a reason for not going right in to the temple, but I know that it's because the Lord needed us there.
In answer to your question, the three steps to personal revelation are: Receive, Recognize, and Respond. I feel like I am doing a lot better and have come a lot closer to my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ.
It's good to hear that Megan got her homework done. Now the important thing is to stay caught up! I don't think that South Jordan would be such a bad idea for Megan. Maybe it would help her focus and run with a better crowd.
What kind of car are M-A and Swift looking in to? So is Melanie actually going to be driving when I get home? That's weird.
Dad - this new job at work, is it a pay raise along with and hour raise? What would you be doing on the line? I'll keep my fingers crossed.
So my debut with Maren's group was at age 11, uh? That's so cool. We'll have to keep that one handy so I can see it when I get home. We have some pretty good singing sessions here, especially in the showers. Oh, what a beautiful noise. Haha
Our Zone leaders, Elder Wilson and Elder Jemmett, left this last week, along with the other companionship in their district. Elder Edwards and Elder Dawson. It was REALLY hard to see them go. We all have become so close because of being together every minute of every day and because of the Spirit we feel together. I think I cried more that night than when I said goodbye to you all. It was just really hard. That night, elders Wilson and Jemmett conducted an awards ceremony for us. Elder Wilson's mom had sent some ribbons to hand out. Not everyone (companionship) got one, but it was fun for all. Elder Trane and I were awarded the title of "Star Students." We are speaking better Spanish than most of the district's that have been here two weeks longer. That may not sound like much, but when you are in class for 12+ hours / day for 6 days a week, you learn a lot, or you can. Elder Trane and I have just tried to be obedient and to use our time effectively and the Lord has greatly blessed us. Alma 26:12 has made itself manifest through this endeavor.
I was able to get a picture with President Trost last week (I read your mind) so that will be coming soon. Well, or when I get my other card back. Haha.
Mom, to answer your questions, the red and green Christmas presents were from Ammie Fackrell. It was little pictures of the Savior and a Lifesaver storybook. I have received letters pretty consistently from Alison, Ammie and Hallie. I have also heard from Carson Homer twice - he got his mission call! He's headed to the Philippines! I'm really excited for him!
Where did M-A get a job? When do they expect to hear back from more schools?
Yeah, the traditions here in the MTC are pretty cool! There aren't a lot, but we've come up with a few! Haha.
So far, I haven't met any missionaries going down to Uruguay with me. There has to be some, but I just haven't' bumped into them, I guess. The newest district in our zone, that's been here two weeks, are all going to the east mission in Uruguay. 4 Elders and 3 Hermanos. I've heard the two missions have combined conferences sometimes, so maybe I'll see them at some point.
I haven't run into Elder Peterson yet, but I'm sure I will, and I'll be sure to get my hug!
Oh, by the way, is the PIN # for my new card the same as my old one? Can I just cut up my old one now? Also, do you think you could find a poem for me? I think we have it in a book somewhere... it's the one about the boy in the race who falls but gets up every time because of his dad... if you could, that'd be great!
ENTONCES...
I love you all. I miss you very much, but I would not trade this experience at this time for anything. This is exactly what I needed and i couldn't be more grateful. Keep the letters coming, they really do brighten the days here. Melanie and Megan, that goes for you too!

!Yo Amo Ustedes!
Elder Taylor

Ether 12:27 and "Grace" in the Bible Dictionary
-The Lord will not take away our weaknesses, but He will give us the help and strength needed to overcome them!

Dad -(and everyone else) - Keep the quotes coming - you know I love them!

No comments: