Friday, January 12, 2007

Letters about MTC Branch President Phil Trost

Aaron's MTC Branch President is a President Trost. When we lived in Magna our bishop was a Phil Trost. Craig was writing to see if they were the same person.

Craig to Phil Trost,
A message from Craig Taylor, Magna Spencer 5th Ward
Good Morning,
It has been awhile since we have talked.
Our son Aaron Taylor is in the MTC and says that his branch president has the name of Trost.
I was wondering if that is YOU?
If not, hello anyway.
We are doing well. We are still in South Jordan. We adopted four children, three firls and a son. Mary-Anne is married and has just graduated from the U. Melanie is in 10th and Megan is in 7th. grade.
Thanks for your time. Hope to hear from you.
Thanks,
Craig

From Phil Trost,
Yes it is me! Jan and I were called to preside over the Lisbon Portugal Mission from 1999-2002; when we returned we were called to the MTC where I have been serving for the past 4 years; we worked with Portuguese missionaries for 3 years and about a year ago I was trasnferred to preside over a Spanish brance; your son is an outstanding missionary; he currently serves as a district leader; he also has blessed us with his piano skills; I can see that he has been a model son for you and that you and Liz have trained him well; his companion is an Elder Trane from Idaho Falls - he is also an obedient missionary.
We were with Elder Taylor on Tuesday night and I introduced him to Jan; she was thrilled to meet him and she asked him about his family.
I will be up tonight to see him and to see pictures of his family -I'm excited to see you again (via family pictures). We think the world of you!
Tell your sweet wife "Hi" for us.'
Phil Trost

No comments: