Thursday, January 11, 2007

Letter #5 MTC

!Hola Familia!
?Como Estan? !Yo estoy muy, juy bueno! I hope this letter finds you all well! I was really excited to receive the package from Mary-Anne and was even more excited when all the letters were inside! I don't have a ton of time before we need to head for lunch and the temple, so I'll try and answer all the questions, but if I forget some, please forgive me!
On Tuesday, we had the great privilege of having two of the Quroum of the Twelve Apostles here! M. Russell Ballard and Richard G. Scott were here to train the new MTC Presidency wo they spoke to us. elder Scott only bore his testimony, but it was extremely powerful and sincere. Elder Ballard spoke mostly on the need to set weekly, achievable baptisimal goals! It's kind of hard to do that here in the MTC, but we can apply it to our own goals here. It was great to hear their counsel and feel of their Spirit.
Yes, I have seen Spencer Frandsen, but only very briefly. I will try and get the three of us together ASAP. I only sent a few pictures with this letter because they were from other Elder's cameras. I am developing some of mine today. I will sent the card at a later time. The Spanish is coming slowly, but surely. I can understand A Lot, but speaking is another story. We teach in Spanish on Monday for the first "real" time, so that will be interesting.
Right now a lot of my study is devoted to Spanish and just becoming a familiar as I can with the content of the lessons.
I am very sorry to hear about Steve Crookston. That is really rough. But that's one of the great messages of the gospel - we can live with our loved ones again! What an amazing blessing!
Oh! By the way, Pres. Torst IS the same guy! I asked him in my district report last wee and he came up to me after sacrament and said, "So are you Craig and Liz's Son?" It was really near. And his wife (Janet?) spoke to me after the devotional on Tuesday so that was really cool! What a tender mercy the Lord has blessed us with!
Oh, and I deep forgetting to mention this - they have pushed us back a week to my original departure date - the week of February 19th - We won't get our final travel palns for probably another month or so, but just so you are aware!
Dad, how did the HAR go? Did you have any other cool missionary experiences? What ever happened with Olly, anything?
Just so ya'll know, I've started actually working out in gym. Running and lifting - it's great. Ya'll better get on that. or I'll be running circles around you when I get back!
Melanie - keep up the good work in school! I know you can get better grades, you've just got to work for it! The Lord will help you! How is your Book of Mormon reading? I haven't heard and I really want to hear what you're learning and reading!
Mom - how is the class coming? What filming did you have to do? I'm so proud of you for continuing your education and being diligent - it sets a great example for all of us!
Alright, well I better go shower so we can go to lunch and then get up to the temple! know that I LOVE YOU ALL and that I pray for you multiple times daily. Tell Mary-Anne that I'll try to get her letter written, but if not, I love her too! It'll make us even for last week when I didn't write you guys! Haha. Nathanael - cheer loud for the Seahawks this weekend! There's a kid from Chicago in my district and I would really like him to stop talking about the Bears! Haha. Love you all! Take Care!

Love Always
Elder Taylor

"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?" - Joseph Smith

Elder Trane's Home Address -
1370 Merrett Drive
Idaho Falls, ID 83404

No comments: