Thursday, December 28, 2006

Letter #3 MTC

!Hola Familia!
Well I hope all is well back at the Taylor Bed and Breakfast! It wounds like you guys had a very nice Christmas - very different, but nice! I'm sure it would be tough to have one of the kids gone, I can't even imagine with two firsts in the same year! That's not cool at all! But I guess we had good excuses..!
Ten missionaries in our ward now?! That's so crazy. It's weird to think I've been here for two weeks already - I'm a veteran! not really but I like to pretend! We got new missionaries yesterday for the first time, so that was cool. We didn't get any in our Zone, though. Next week we have some elders leaving, so most likely then.
OK, now I'll answer some of your questions. No, there aren't any other Elders or Sisters in my Zone going to my mission or even my country. It's kinda tough, because we've become so close here and it might be the first and last time we all see each other. Oh well, the Lord works in mysterious ways. Yes, i got the packages and of course i shared! And I'll have you know, Dad, I DID read all the scriptures before opening the gifts - thank you very much! We got pictures to prove it! And don't worry - most of it has been untouched! I've go to watch my girlish figure.
I have seen Elder May multiple times, and I gave him the candy bar for Christmas - he gave me some glowsticks! Haha. We look for each other before and after devotionals and what not.
During our gym period I just play basketball. The other options are 4 -square, volleyball jogging, or weightlifting - yea, I'll stick to my basketball! Haha. On P-days we do laundry in the morning, write letters, eat lunch, write more letters after (because the temple is closed til next week) and jsut kind of lounge around. At 4:15 we have to "get dressed" and we have Comp. Study and Personal Study until 5:15 in the classroom. 5:30 is dinner time. 6:15 - 9:00 we are back in class like normal. So nothing too crazy!
How do they feed 1800 scouts? Often times not well. Haha. It's just like a high school cafeteria, but the food is a LITTLE (only a little) better. We usually have 2 choices for lunch and dinner, so sometimes there's a little selection.
I still haven't had the chance to talk to Pres. Trost about it yet, so we'll see. That would be kind of crazy!
Ok, now to Christmas. Christmas morning, up at 6:30 (of course) and opened presents. Skipped breakfast (cereal) so that's no biggie. At 10, we had a morningside with a couple of musical numbers and interview videos. Then the MTC gave all of us stockings, that was cool. Lunch was Chicken cordon Bleu (sp?) - I love chicken, but it was definitely not their best meal. We then pick up SACK LUNCHES for our dinner - are you serious? A hoagie sandwich and fruit or something. Oh well. We had a devotional in the afternoon. Douglas L. Callister of the 2nd Zuorum of the Seventy. It was a really good talk, but I'm not gonna lie, we were all pretty disapointed. But, what we didn't know was that the disappointment had ot hit it's peak...! That night we had another devotional/program, so we thought they might redeem themselves. We couldn't have been more wrong. We all go to the devotional a little earlier than usual to make sure we got decent seats and on the screen it announced the program - The PROVO HIGH SCHOOL CHOIR and the Mapleton Chorale. You're kidding, right? Nope, dead serious. We listened to a high school and community choir on Chirstmas night. I love choir music, and they were good but not Christmas night at the MTC good. So yeah, that was what the MTC told us would be "our best Christmas ever." To end it all, though, they let us watch Mr. Krueger's Christmas, so that helped.
I really tries to be the example and not let my disappointment show, but I don't know how well it worked. i just kept myself busy and tried not to gripe,'cause that doesn't help the situation at all.' The idstrict is doing better. We've all gotten closer and that is helping. We still have a long way to go, but it's coming. They really focus and bring the Spirit strong when they want to. Now we've just got to find a way to make them want it more!
I got a letter and a candy bar from Skyler, so I'll be writing him next. I love that kid. It's weird to think he;s almost done.
Thanks for sending my grades - I was getting anxious. I know I didn't so as well as I could have (obviously) but I promise to make up for it. Except for the one, though, I am quite happy about the semester. I'm learning more about the way that I best learn and study too, so the only way to go from here is up! Repentance is a beautiful thing!
Enjoy the rest of the break and be ready to hit the ground running! Oh, I almost forgot....
Melanie - your song is sooooo good! I didn't even know it was you for like 45 seconds! And when I told all the Elders it was my little sister, they freaked out!! We've probably listened to it over ten times! Keep up the great work and let that gorgeous voice shine!
I love you all. Girls, get caught up in school and stay caught up. No more slacking. Mom and Dad - that goes for you too!
I LOVE YOU! Happy New Year!
Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: