Thursday, February 1, 2007

Letter #8 MTC

!Hola Familia!

How are things going in the good ol' Taylor home? Things are going really well for this Taylor! This has been a really busy week, but then again, which week hasn't been? I don't know if Mary-Anne has told you yet, but Elder Trane and I were called as Zone Leaders last week. So this week we have been in "training." Which basically means that we are doing everything, but the current Zone Leaders just make sure we don't screw anything up. Tuesday morning was kind of our first official duty. We had to wake up at 4 A.M.. (Yes, 4 A.M.) to check the district that was leaving out of their rooms and make sure they got to the bus and everything. We could usually go back to bed, but Tuesday we couldn't. One of their Elders was having some health concerns, so they had to send him home to Boise for a few weeks to get him on some medication. So, he was on a different flight and didn't leave 'til later, which meant E. Trane and I were his comps from 4:30-8. And then after we had class and what not, so it made for a long day! I just hope and pray that Elder Oakes will have the determination to get back out here. The Lord and the people of Argentina need him.
Last night, we got a new district of 8 new missionaries. Elder May, E. Packer, E. Trane and I were responsible for giving them a tour of the MTC and helping them get comfortable. They are really quiet and kinda weird, but then again, who wasn't their first couple of days in the MTC?! Haha.
Yes mother, I was able to translate your Grandpa Talbot formatted letter aall by myself. I had to double look to see what was happening, but it didn't take too long. It was a little difficult to continuously read it, though, I'm not gonna lie! Elder Trane thought you were just crazy, and I kindly reassured him you are!
Melanie, I heard you had a cool experience in seminary on Mon, Jan . 29. Could you share it with me? I would love to hear about all that you are learning! And you have Bro. Christensen for Seminary!? That is SO cool! I really do love that man! Tell him I say hello, along with Bro. Montoya. The things those men taught me have helped me become who I am, and have helped me make it where I am today; and I couldn't be more grateful!
Mel, I wish you all the luck in the world in your audition! I am so excited for you. Just don't be scared and make sure to say your prayers!
Goose - it's about time you found that IPOD! I was gettin' worried. Sheesh kid. You better hold on tight to that thing or you'll lose it when I come home! I am so jealous that you got to go to the Jazz game; did you yell extra loud for me? You better have! Congratulations on the YW's b-ball game, that's sweet! You'll have to let me know how you do. I've been playing a lot of basketball here. There are some really good guys and it's really fun to paly with them! So maybe you won't beat me when I get home...!
Yeah, I heard about Abby and Mike about a month or so ago from Hallie! I'm really excited for them, that's so cool. I hope they at least send me an invite, seeing as how I know both of them. Haha. Make sure you send them my best wishes!
I wrote to Carson a minute ago and told him to let ya'll know when his farewell is. Please go and show your support to him. He is/was such an amazing example to me. I love that kid and he is going to be an AMAZING missionary! Give him a big hug for me!
I haven't tried the new card yet, but maybe I'll go do that today, just to check.
As for the "heavenly" package - thank you so much! After 19 years, you know me so well! As for our last night in the MTC, I think we're going to do Martinelli's... so if you find them @ a good price, send a few because I don't know if like Zink's family will send any (he's the only member in his family.) so yeah. That would be great!
Make sure you let the ward know I'm doing great and am loving this opportunity! Tell the bishop I say hello. Bro. Sellers and Bro. Lundberg. They have had such an amazing impact on my life. Others have as well, but them especially.
I've only seen Elder Peterson once, and it was in passing, and I don't think he saw me, so I'll try and snag him before I leave.
Yo Amo Ustedes = I love you all! (usted = you, singular; ustedes = you, plural; not ya'll, but to a group)
The pictures/videos were great! Thank you SO much! Now we just need to get the girls to open their mouths!
I love you all and I pray for you often! Yo se que La Iglesia es verdadera. Yo se que Jose Smith vio a Dios y a Jesucristo. !Se que Jose Smith fue llamado ser us profeta de Dios y el restavro la eglesia verdadera en estes ultimos dias! !Jesucristo vive y nos ama!
Love Always,
Elder Taylor

Dad, I'm not dreaming in Spanish yet, but I am thinking in Spanish a lot, which is a good sign!
Mom, good luck with your diet! I'm eating better too. I've only gained like 5 pounds, but yeah. Some Elders in our zone have gained 20! E. Trane has gained 15!

LOVE YOU

PS That poem I think is the only thing in the book that it's in. I thought we got it for Christmas or something. Maybe I saw it someplace else, I don't know.

No comments: