Monday, November 3, 2008

Hey hey...

Taylor Family and Friends,
Well hey there! Here we are on another P-Day, but there´s a new month on the top of the calendar. Crazy! In a little over an hour we are headed to Rivera again, because tomorrow morning at 5:30 we leave for Zone Conference in Tacuarembó, so that´s fun.
We had interviews with President Peterson last week. I always love getting to talk with him! Our interview was mostly focused on the growth of Tranqueras and what he can expect from the branch in the future. He asked me to help him and start looking for places where we could move. As of right now, we are still living on the second floor in the chapel, but as things get more and more organized and we start having meetings and activities during the week, he said he would be better for us to look for another place. So this morning we went and looked at one option; it´s a nice little place, but kind of a fixer-upper. I took some pictures, but we´re definitely still in the market. Haha.
Last week was kind of a rough week, because we didn´t actually get to work in our area until Wednesday, and on Thursday I was feeling pretty crummy. We left on Thursday afternoon anyway, though, because we had some really important lessons. Feeling fine now, though, so no worries! This week will also be tough; we have Conference tomorrow, then we have District Mtg. on Wednesday and we´ll get back to Tranqueras about 6 PM on Wednesday afternoon. The Zone Leaders mentioned something about doing divisions on Wednesday and Thursday, so we´ll see how that goes! Things are going really well here in the branch. We´ve found some inactive members in the last week or so, and we´re excited to get them back in church. The relief society president was changed last week. It was Pres. Diaz´s wife, but it´s now Karen Furtado, so that will be nice, because she lives here in Tranqueras and can organize things during the week. Yesterday we set up a time to start the home teaching visits this week with the quorum. Things are starting to move nicely here in Tranqueras!
Halloween came and went without any special news. Elder Hughes and I were half expecting a knock on the door on Friday night, but we were pleasantly disappointed. (Does that make sense? Haha)
I´m glad to hear things are going well at home. Sounds like you had a nice little surprise for Dad´s birthday! No, Mary-Anne, I haven´t gotten the package, but I might get it tomorrow or on Wednesday in District Mtg. Oh, question. What were the last pictures on the CD I sent you? I´m going to delete them off of my camera, but I can´t remember what the last ones were that I took! No, Mom, we changed the hour on Conference weekend, so a few weeks ago. I thought that you had all changed it that same weekend, weird.
Anyways, not a lot of news today. Know that all is well and we´re still working hard. I was studying the other day and found a scripture that had a lot of meaning for me, especially at this time. James 1:8. "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." (Or something like that. I don´t have my scriptures with me.) So that´s my goal-not be double minded in this last month or so! Elder Hughes and I do really well about focusing while we´re working; while we´re at home, we talk about the family and whatnot.
I hope you all have a fantastic week, and know that you´re in my prayers! Take care!
Elder Taylor

No comments: