Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hey Hey!

Taylor Family and Friends,
Hey there! How are you all doing? I´m doing just peachy. Well, today it would probably be more like a tomatoe. I got fried today. Haha. Elder Hughes and I went fishing this morning with Maiko and Cecilia...lamanite style. For those of you who served here in the ´Guay know what I´m talking about, so explain it to those who haven´t. I forgot my camera cable, so I can´t send the pictures I took until next week. But anyways, we left this morning about 10 AM and we got back about 4 PM. It´s about 10 km outside of Tranqueras, so we walked a ways. We hitchhiked on the way back, so it wasn´t too bad. It was a blast. Cecilia and Maiko are just waiting for Maiko´s divorce to go through so they can get married and then Cecilia will get baptized. This morning while we were fishing, she got in the water and said, "I´m just gonna start practicing for my baptism now!," and dunked herself under the water. We all laughed pretty hard.
Really good week last week. Victor is really excited for his baptism this weekend, as is the rest of the branch. On Wednesday night, we had some surprising news. Marcos and Paola came over to the church while we were planning and Marcos told us that he and Jesus had gone to the house of a less-active member to meet her, because her son had come to a couple of young men activities. They asked her if she would have anything against her son receiving the discussions and getting baptized in the Church, and she said not at all! She even expressed interest in coming back to Church with her son. We were shocked. Haha. It was like having another companionship of missionaries in the city. Talk about member missionary work! What´s more, Yeniger invited her friend Belén to the birthday party we had on Saturday night for some of the youth and then brought her to Church on Sunday morning. She went around showing her the chapel, and presented us to her friend. We had challenged Yenifer to find and bring someone to Church and present them to us. She´s 15 years old, and was stoked for the challenge! What an example!
This weekend in my district we have 5 baptisms! I´m doing divisions with the ZL´s on Thursday so they can come out and do our interview while I go to Rivera and do the other 4. We also have a couple of other investigators who we are working to get ready for the 12th or 13th of December. We´ll see how things go!
Today the President is signing our house contract and tomorrow we take it back to the escribana. (How do you say that in English again? Haha) It looks like tomorrow they´ll be giving us the keys. Saturday we planned a priesthood service project-we´re gonna go fix an hermana´s roof that leaks and then we´re going to go to our new vivienda and clean up the yard. Afterwards we´ll have a little barbecue. We´re all pretty excited. It´ll be nice to be in our own place!
I can´t believe Bryce is home! Crazy! I´m super excited to talk to him in Spanish. It´s so weird to think that two years ago we wouldn´t even dream of talking to each other in another language. I´m glad to hear Zach is doing well, too. When is Spencer getting home? He should be getting close, as well. Sheesh, time flies by! This next week is our last "normal" week. Next week interviews, the next conference, and then changes! Bah! And this week will fly by because of the interviews and baptisms. Ah! Crazy! But don´t worry, I´m not trunky. We´ve decided that while we´re in the streets it´s not hard to focus, but while we´re in the house, it´s a little more complicated. So it´s a good thing we´re in the street all the time!
Mom, that´s cool that you gave the class from Pres. Monson´s talk...because I gave the same one! Sunday morning, I decided to prepare a class just in case the President forgot it was his turn, so I grabbed the Liahona and prepared with that talk. Turns out the President forogt, and I gave the class in Priesthood. It was an excellent class (not because of the teacher, but because of the participation of everyone) and we all learned a lot. Great minds think alike, eh?
Melanie, I´m anxious to hear about how the musical went...! How was your dance last weekend? I believe it was last weekend...? Who was your hot date? :o)
Oh, Mom, I forgot to mention that I had received the Bishop´s email about my homecoming. I have absolutely no problem with doing it on the 21st. Just tell him to let me know when he has a specific topic!
Alright, I think that´ll do it for this week! I love you all! Hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving! Eat a lot for me. Who knows what I´ll be doing for Thanksgiving, because I probably won´t even be in my own area. The mission...what a beautiful thing. Haha. Well, have a good week; I´m looking forward to hearing from you all! Chao!
Elder Taylor

No comments: