Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Rain, rain...sun!

Taylor Family and Friends,
Well hey there! How are you all doing? Today I´m writing you from the main street in Rivera, Uruguay, about six blocks away from the border with Brazil. Cool, uh? Tomorrow we have interviews with President Peterson, so we decided to take advantage and come in today to play some soccer and eat with the zone. We´ll be back in our area working tomorrow after interviews.
This last week brought a lot of rain and a lot of mud. I think I have seen more rain in Tranqueras than in any other area in my mission. I´m not exactly sure why, but that´s the case. Maybe it´s because the region has more hills than any other place I´ve been. Who knows? There were on and off showers starting Wednesday and Thursday, then it rained ALL day Friday and Saturday, and up to about 3 PM on Sunday. I don´t mind working in the rain, but it always makes things difficult on Sundays for the investigators and even for the members. Tranqueras really only has one paved street, so if it´s raining too much, most people don´t even leave their houses. That was almost the case yesterday. Élida Bravo was supposed to get confirmed yesterday (because we had Stake Conference last week) but she was not able to come because her roof leaks in various places and they were trying to keep as much water out as possible. As soon as the meetings ended yesterday, Elder Hughes and I went over there to help them with what remained. When they get the materials to do so, we´re planning a branch service project to replace the roof.
We had a really good week, even despite the rain. We didn´t have as many investigators in the chapel as we have in past weeks, but we had a few. The members really stepped up in helping us this week. We had a lot of great lessons with members present, and even had a couple of finding lessons where members invited friends or family to their house in order to meet us. We´re excited to get back to our area tomorrow and get things ready for this Sunday.
Yes, Mom, they have Primary programs here. I believe I told you last year when I played the piano for the program in Bella Unión, didn´t I? If not, I just did! :o) Yes, I would appreciate it if you would set up a dentist appointment for me before I head up to school. As of right now, I don´t believe there is any necessity for me to see a doctor before I head up to Logan, but I´ll let you know if anything comes up! Okay, the 21st of December sounds fine. Let me know what the specific topic is, if/when Bishop Mangum tells you-thanks!
Time if flying by. Anyone know any secrets to slow it down? This week we have interviews, next week we have Zone Conference, then the next week is changes. After that...sheesh. Elder Hughes and I are really excited for the prospects we have for November, so it´ll keep us plenty busy!
Glad to hear you got the pictures ok. Now I can delete them off my camera and take more!
So Skyler´s getting operated on the 16th of December? Haha. That´s awesome, first time in four years that we see each other and he´ll have cotton up his black nose. Nice to see you! :o) Are he and Tyson still down at SUU together? Don´t worry Mom, my hair is not thinning! Haha
Well, I think that´s gonna about do it for me this week! I hope you all have a happy Halloween! It´s so crazy to think that we´re about to start November. Whew. But yeah, I love you all! Take care and let me know how things are going!
Elder Taylor

No comments: