Monday, November 17, 2008


Taylor Family and Friends,
Well, first of all, I have to wish a Happy Birthday to my little sister! Megan, I cannot believe you are turning 15! That´s so crazy! I hope you know that I love you SO much. I´m so proud of all that you´re doing and the decisions you´re making. It´s too bad I can´t be there to celebrate this special day with you, but we´ll be seeing each other soon! Everyone here sends their love and says Happy Birthday; turning 15 is a really big thing here.
We had a really good week last week. Jose Bentaberry came to sacrament meeting on Sunday for the first time in like 7 weeks or something like that. We hadn´t seen him in a couple of weeks because everytime they were home, we were traveling, and when we were there, he was working. But this last week he changed his job, and now he doesn´t work on Sundays! Good things are going to happen. The rest of the family didn´t come because a few of them were fighting the stomach flu.
Today I´m writing you all from Rivera. I´m in a trio today, with two of my old companions- Elder Marroquín and Elder Larsen! All of our comps had to go to Deo today in order to take care of some paperwork, so we´re all hanging out today. It´s been fun to catch up on what they´ve been doing the last few months.
It seems like we found a new house. Last week we went and looked at a vivienda, which is about a mile or so away from the chapel. It´s a nice little place, with a big backyard. I took a bunch of pictures and sent them to the offices on Thursday, along with a copy of the contract. One of the office Elders said that President approved it, so all they had to do was get it approved or looked at by the mission lawyer. I told Elder Hughes to try and get whatever we need while he´s down there today. Who knows, we might be moving in to a new house this week- I sure hope so! It´s been cool living in the chapel and all, but it´s starting to get more complicated because the branch is becoming more organized. Last week they had a meeting/activity with the young men, and the Relief Society also had an activity. I´m glad that things are rolling well, but it will just be nice once it´s not in our house that things are rolling. Haha.
Our zone did really well on the goal to get 10 new investigators in each ward last week. We didn´t quite make the goal, but we had like 35 more investigators in church compared to the week before! We all felt like we have seen many miracles in our areas over the last few weeks, and we´re excited to keep seeing them. Those two inactive members that I told you about last week were both in church again on Sunday; they´re coming back strong!
Victor is getting baptized on the 28th of November. He turns 14 this weekend, and he´s just a little stud. I gave him one of my white shirts and I´m planning on giving him a tie before I leave. The young men have done a great job friendshipping him and making him feel comfortable.
The weekend of the 29th will be pretty busy for me. It sounds like I will have about 4 or 5 baptismal interviews to conduct. I´m not complaining at all, but it will just take me out of the area for the last couple of days before Victor´s baptism. Whatever it takes to help people take that important step!
Mom, when is it that you want me to talk about Christmas and whatnot in the ´Guay? How much time will you want me to take? As I said before, Christmas here isn´t as big as El Día de Los Reyes (The Day of the King´s?). I´d be glad to explain them a little bit and we´ll try to get some of pictures to show them as well, if you want. But yeah, I have no problem talking to the two groups. I might need a translator, though! Everyone´s began to razz me for my English errors, lately. It´s not TOO bad, but it´s noticeable. Haha.
My debit card says "Valid Thru 12/08," so I´m guessing that means I´ll be good up until New Year´s.
Thank you so much for taking care of registration for me! I´m super excited to get back and study. What day do classes start in January? The Spanish test I have to take is on the 19th, right? At what time? So much for sleeping in, eh? :o) Yeah, go ahead and get my books for me, too. That´s where I got them last time, right? I believe so.
I can´t believe that Bryce gets home on Friday! That´s so crazy! I remember talking to him in the MTC. Make sure you give him a big hug for me...and tell him that I´ll give him my own in a couple weeks! Haha. Hey Dad, thanks for the update on Brendan. I haven´t heard from him at all in the last 2 years; but I guess I haven´t written him either, though. We´ll call it even.
Hmmm, I´m trying to make this letter longer (making up for last week) but I think this is all I got. I hope you all have a fantastic week, and I look forward to hearing from you! Take care!
Elder Taylor


No comments: