Thursday, February 15, 2007

Letter #11 MTC

!Hola Familia!

Well, here it is - my last P-Day in the MTC! That's so cool! We are definitely ready to get out of here. This hasn't exactly been the most productive week of our MTC stay. It's been really hard to stay focused. Pres. Trost said the Lord can't be too mad at us if we're just anxious to serve His children, right? Haha. Pres. Trost is so chill. We really lucked out with our Branch Presidency here, Pres. Trost, Bro. Harper, and Bro. Anderson are all amazing men, and we are very blessed to have them.
Richard G. Hinckley came and spoke on Tuesday - that was pretty cool. One thing he said was sad, though. He said that "Pres. Hinckley will most likely not be here when you return." He said he's not forseeing or predicting, but that he'll be pusing 99? by that time, so by the natural flow of things ... you get the idea. So that was sad to think about.
We got a new district of 10 Elders, but we won't really get to know them, so that's too bad. Although one of them went to Elk Ridge with me - Elder Daniel Hammond. He's way cool. But I think he moved to Missouri or Kansas or something after that, so it was fun to see him again.
Don't worry about the line that has me coming back on the 27th - I didn't get reassigned to Miami! No worries. It's just something they have to do for scheduling, but it doesn't affect us, so it's all good. If I have time, I'll call from Salt Lake, we'll just have to see. I'll most likely call Mom's cell first, so Mom make sure you charge your phone! I don't know how long we'll have to talk, but we'll see. I can call both from SL and Miami if there's time, so yeah.
Dad, thanks for all the flight advice, I was hoping you'd hook me up! I'll do my best to not flirt with the stewardess. Duh! It's been really nice to not have to deal with girls, actually. Maybe I'll just be a bachelor my whole life! So you designed the new Conf. room? Was that your job, or did you just do it?
Thanks for updating me on elder McCarty! That's so cool. Our experiences are definitely going to be quite different, aren't they? Go find Jeremy and tell him to get moving - the Lord needs him out here! He has such a strong testimony, and he will be key in many people's ability to feel the Spirit and be converted. But he can't do that at home!
Yes, I finally got a letter from Alison yesterday. It was the shortest one so far, but I'm not picky! She sent me a couple of pictures - the one with a Tacoma probably being my favorite!
We are getting ready to go get haircuts and then I'll probably get a box ready to send home, so that's all for now! I know this is short, but I will talk to you on Monday, so it's all good! Love You!
Love Always,
Elder Taylor

ps Carson goes throug the temple Saturday (the 17th) - send him my love !! Thanks!

No comments: