Thursday, February 8, 2007

Letter #9 MTC

!Hola Familia!

Well hello there! It's been along week because I just barely got your letter this morning! So I've been waiting to hear from my family all week and from Alison as well - still haven't heard from her. Although I did beat E. Trane. We hadn't gotten a letter since last Thursday until I got yours this morning - thank heavens. I was going crazy! Haha. E. Trane and I were starting to make plans to blow up the mail truck - now only E. Trane is...
Today is a beautiful day! The walk up to the temple was really enjoyable! The last couple of days we have gone outside for our study time, so that has been a really nice change. I love the MTC, but I am definitely ready to get out of here!
Cool story - are you ready?! Tuesday night (Feb. 6) elder Richard G. Scott came and spoke to us about prayer. It was an awesome experience to hear how an Apostle of the Lord feels about prayer! One of the things he said that REALLY stuck out to me was, "We have the privilege, we are encouraged to talk to the most powerful being there ever was or ever will be!" He is a man truly called of God to help lead and guide this church today. And that's not even the coolest part... after this, he shook every missionary by the hand! I shook the hand of an Apostle of the Lord! It was such an amazing experience! The look he gave me was one of the most sincere and kind looks I have ever received! Not to mention it felt like he was looking into the corners of my soul! Haha. It was a truly humbling experience. So that's my cool story for the week!
No, we don't get up once a week at 4 am - just when the district has to leave at 5 am. haha. E. Heniger and E. Anderson received surprise travel plans last Friday, so they're headed out on Tuesday, but they don't leave until 10 am. or so. E. Trane also received flight plans last Friday, but they turned out to be fake. How bad does that "stink"? It's like taking away Christmas!
We are expecting our flight plans tomorrow. So I will probably write you tomorrow and let you know when I'm headed out and when you can expect to hear from me! So that's exciting! We're all pretty anxious.
Mom, I'll draw you a sketch here, if I can find the time and ability to do it - I make no guarantees! No, I'm not wearing Grandpa's bracelet at the the MTC because Pres. Trost has asked us to have no jewelry besides watches and CTR rings. So as of right now it is sitting on my dresser with Elder May's name tag. When I get to my mission, my Pres. might feel differently, so hopefully I'll be able to there. I can't get another name tag to send to you unless I break one of the ones I have. Once I get to Uruguay, though, I might be able to through the mission. you also may want to check at the distribution center. I have heard rumors you can get them there...
Melanie, Dad told me you did really well on your vocab test last week - keep it up! I have lots of vocab to memorize too, only it's all in Spanish! Haha.
Megan, keep up the good work in school. It will be easy if you keep up and do your best! I read your essay often, it is a great source of strength for me - thank you!
We can't get the Martinelli's here, but it's not a big deal. We don't do cute, creative things in the MTC, Mom! Haha. We're a bunch of 19-20 year old kids, remember?!
I used the new card at the ATM today to check the pin and pull out cash for stamps. It is the same PIN #, so I'll cut up the old one. Thanks for taking care of that for me! I will write Grandma J next week and tell her thanks, along w/ an update. Thanks for passin' on the info!
Oh! More news to share with the family. One of the new Hermanas we got yesterday is form Rexburg, so of course I asked her about Peggy and Mel. She was in their ward! She was really excited, as was I. Her name is Hma. (Aubrey) Rammell. Thought you might want to let Peggy know. Apparently she's a big fan!
Dad - have you heard anymore about that new job and what not? Has the application gone in, or is it still in the works? I don't think I'll be wanting a sleeping bag, but if I end up wanting one, I'll probably just get it down there.
I haven't thought of anything else I need before leaving. I'll probably be sending some stuff home, though. What would the best way to do that be? Just me pay for and send it? I heard if it's staying in Utah we can just send it and have the fam pay for it when they pick it up. Which would you prefer?
If you have a few minutes, I wouldn't mind a few more of my ties, for trades and what not. If you see any nice ties on store runs - snag them. Green ties and brown ties would be nice. Just and idea!
I have now seen E. Peterson twice, but not much more than a greeting could be said. Too bad he's going hungry, but he has no room to talk. Two months, and then he can talk!
Ah, tell Caleb Lumberg I say hello! I'll have to send some pictures to that stud! He is going to make one awesome missionary! And tell him to keep up the piano, it's a winner! I've almost got my song done, by the way. I've just had a minute, here and there after meals to dink around, and it's not very long, but it provides a pleasant distraction at times!
Well, I think that's all the news for now! I hope that this letter finds you well! Know that I love you and think of you often! This Church is so true and I'm so grateful for the chance I have to share that message with the people of Uruguay! I love you all and can't wait to hear from you!

Love Always,
Elder Taylor

No comments: