Monday, June 23, 2008

Hey There...!

Taylor Family and Friends,
Well, here we are yet again. The weeks just fly by, it seems like. Tomorrow we have interviews with President Peterson and next week we will have the Zone Conference of this change; we´re having it in the 5th week instead of the 2nd because President´s son gets home from his mission in Brazil this week and he´s going to come meet us all at Conference next week. That´s why they postponed it...so that´ll be cool to meet him!
The weather took it´s toll on the zone last week-a lot of the Elders got sick and one of the Hermanas, but Elder Shupe and I have stayed healthy, luckily! The majority of the week was cloudy and sprinkling; I think we only saw the sun twice, one of them being yesterday. But, all the missionaries are feeling better now and looking forward to gettin back to work this week!
Elder Shupe and I had a SWEET experience last week! Are you ready...? Are you sure? ´Cuz it´s REALLY cool....alright, I´ll tell you. We received a reference from a member in another ward about a week and a half ago, but the reference lives out in Casa Blanca-a little pueblito about half an hour outside of Paysandú, but that still belongs to our ward. Neither of us had ever been out there, but we organized the week so we could go out there on Thursday afternoon. We left P-dú at 4:15 and had to get on the bus back at 8:30. By the time we got there, we had about 3 to work. We got out to Casa Blanca, stepped off the bus at the first stop, and watched the bus pull away. We looked around a second, and I said, "Well, let´s go." We walked across the street and a little field to the first house, our plan was to knock and ask if they knew where this reference lived, and at the same time invite them to listen. The house was yellow, and as we walked up, I looked at Elder Shupe and said, "Yellow for golden" with a little smile. We knocked the door, and Yanina came to the door. I introduced who we were and told we we would like to share a message about the family. She accepted, and invited us into her home. About 35 minutes later, she had tears in her eyes as she listened to how God began His communication with man in our day and accepted an invitation to read in the Book of Mormon. After the lesson, we asked her if she knew the reference, and we found out they were co-workers in a factory and she lived just down the street. Once again, the Lord is preparing His children...are we doing our part to invite them?
So, that was a really exciting part of the week. We are headed back out to Casa Blanca this Thursday, so we´ll see what happens!
But that´s about all the big news from this week. Dad, thanks for taking the time to write that big email and fill me in on last weekend´s events. It sounds like you all had an enjoyable weekend; I hope you remembered to give Matt and Amanda my congratulations! If not, Matt and Amanda....CONGRATULATIONS! I can´t believe I didn´t get an invitation...! Don´t worry, Matt, you´ll get what´s coming to ya. :o) Love ya, cuz!
Well, that´s gonna about do it for me this week! Melanie, I got your email...thanks for writing! Who is the new choir teacher? Congrats on your theater awards! That´s awesome. And Hello Dolly is the musical next year? Sweet! Too bad I´ll miss it...by a few weeks. Oh well, it´s for the best cause there is! :o)
I hope ya´ll know that I love you and think about you often! Mom and Dad, I hope you had a happy Father´s Day, and a Happy Birthday! We sang to you, Mom...about 4 times! Haha. I love you! Take care!
Elder Taylor

No comments: