Monday, June 16, 2008

Big Week

Taylor Family and Friends,
Hey there! How ya´ll doing? Things are going really well here in Paysandú. I´m writing a little later today because we spent most of they day with a family that Elder Shupe had met over a year ago here in Paysandú. He served in Barrio Obelisco a year ago, and now he´s returned to P-dú to serve in Barrio Ombú. It´s not very often that an elder serves in the same zone twice in his mission, so he got lucky. The family that we went to see was one in which Elder Shupe baptized the daughter, and started to teach the father, who later got married and baptized as well. It was a really neat experience for him, so it was worth sacrificing my weekly nap! :o)
The time is flying by. It´s crazy to think that we are already in the middle of June! Last week I hit my 18-month mark, that´s pretty intense. This week is a pretty full week for us. On Thursday, we´ll have interviews with President Peterson. They did the interviews at the beginning of the change this time because President´s son finishes his mission in Brazil in the next week or so, so they postponed the zone conferences until he got here so he can come and meet all of us in the conferences. So that´ll be fun.
Elder Shupe and I had a pleasant surprise yesterday at Church. We had been teaching this little old lady named Yospeh for about a week, but we had decided to drop her last Monday or Tuesday; so we basically hadn´t even gone by in a week. Much to our surprise, she showed up yesterday at 9 AM at the chapel! We gladly lead her in to the Relief Society and as we opened the door, she walked in saying, "Hola! Soy una nueva hermana!" while flailing her little hands. Right away, about 10 hermanas from the Relief Society surrounded her like a swarm of bees, giving her hugs and kisses. Elder Shupe and I shut the door and just started laughing in the hallway; it was a good start to the day!
With the cold weather, a lot of the people who had said they were going to come to church yesterday didn´t make it, but we have high hopes for this next week. Cristina and Juliano are doing very well, and in our last lesson, asked a lot of questions about baptism, which we were glad to answer! Elder Shupe and I have been teaching quite a bit, so now it´s just time to get them all to church!
Sounds like Dad and the girls had a really busy week up in Moses Lake. I hope they took pictures so I don´t miss out on too much of the action! Make sure you tell Matt and his WIFE (weird) congratulations. I always told him he would get married before I got home. Couldn´t he have just waited 6 months longer? Sheesh.
So I still haven´t got that picture CD sent off yet...my bad. The last couple of P-Days have been really busy with activities and whatnot, so I haven´t even gone to develop pictures yet. But don´t worry, they will be on their way soon.
Well, I´m not really bursting with information or news this week. Just the same story- we are working hard and enjoying every minute of it! I finally got the letter from Caleb. It was really nice to hear to him. Hopefully I´ll get a reply off to him next week! But, I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying all there is to be enjoyed! I can´t wait to hear from you. :o)
Elder Taylor

No comments: