Monday, April 28, 2008

Vamos arriba Paysandú...!

Taylor Family and Friends,
So the weather has been pretty crazy here in the last week. There were days when the thoughts of shorts and a t-shirt seemed to taunt us, and the last few days when we´ve been bundled up drying to stay warm and dry with all the rain, wind, and hail. Sweet. Today has turned out to be a very nice day. Nice jacket weather. I love it.
Last week we had a great week here in P-dú. A few challenges along the way, but what´s a mission without challenges, right? Haha. Saturday morning I woke up with a fever and stomach pains. I decided to not do my exercises, but just watch the other three instead. :o) We all studied and got ready for the day. Before we left for our morning appointments, I asked the three Elders to give me a blessing: give him the health and strength he needs in order to help thee bring to pass thy work, and in a way pleasing unto thee. We left that morning and had a very successful day, even with the wind and rain. And the best of all was the look on Dennis´ face when she came up out of the waters of baptism! I definitely felt better at that point.
This week will be another busy week with the Sector Conference being held here in P-dú for the zones of Salto, Mercedes, and Paysandú. That will make it so this week goes by like a blur. This afternoon Elder Maughan and I have to finish making the arrangements and organize everything. As of right now, everything will return to "normal" next week. But it´s all good, we got a nice little nap in this morning to prepare us for this week. :o)
Elder Maughan and I will be focusing a little more this week on finding new investigators to teach. We have some really neat families that we are working with, and that are looking forward to their baptism in May, but we are anxious for some new opportunities. We found one of them last night. After only one lesson, Elizabeth and her two sons, Francisco and Angel, now have a baptismal date for the 24th of May....! The Lord is anxious to further His work here in Paysandú!
So Mom´s graduation ceremony is this week...are you excited?! Don´t trip over that long robe. :o) Make sure you take pictures and send them to me. (I´m more worried about the sending of them, I have complete confidence that Pops will be taking about 200 pictures!) You also have the choir concert tomorrow night, right? How´s that looking?
Melanie, how did your Jazz Dinner Dance go? I miss that SO much. It seems like so long ago! Have they announced who the new choir teacher is going to be, yet?
Goose, what´s up, kid? I´ve missed your letters the last couple of weeks...! How´s school going? Keeping all of those cute boys away? :o)
So Dad test drove my Tacoma last week...said it was too small for him...good thing it´s for me, huh? :o)
Well, that´s gonna be about it for me! Sorry about the short letter this week. I´ll make up for it next week...maybe. Haha. I love you all! Take care of yourselves!
Elder Taylor

No comments: