Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Changes...

Taylor Family and Friends,
So here I am, sitting in the cyber in my coat. Íve been in my coat for the last couple of days. Friday it cooled down a bit and it́s stayed cool since then. Today is actually pretty nice, but the coat is good for the shade and the wind. But hey, I wońt be in Montevideo for the winter...
Yup, that́s right, Elder Taylor is heading out of the Cerro! Do you remember a couple of changes ago when I was with Elder Larsen that I mentioned Elder Maughan and Elder Roxas, the other companionship that lived with us? Well, I have a feeling I will be mentioning Elder Maughańs name a little more often this change-hés my new comp! Ím SO excited! He was my District Leader while I was in Bella Union, we lived here in Cerro together, and now we are Zone Leaders together in Paysandú! How cool is that?! Elder Maughan finishes this next change, so that will be weird. Hés only my second senior companion on my mission-my trainer, and now my ZL trainer! Sweet. I head out for Paysandú tonight at 12:30 and I get there tomorrow around 5 in the morning.
Elder Huber is staying here in our ward, along with the other two Elders with whom we share the ward. Elder Hubeŕs new companion is Elder Gee, who was also one of my DĹs in Bella Unión. Elder Huber was a little nervous about the upcoming changes, but hés doing just fine.
We had an awesome week last week. Ivan, the Muslim we have been working with, went to Church, along with the Silva family, who we found last week. They are all progressing VERY well. Fabian and Mariana (the brother of Nahuel and his gf) told us this week that they are working towards the goal of marriage so that they can be baptized! Angela, a lady we have been working with for a week and a half, accepted an invitation to be baptized, and we (Elder Huber and Elder Gee) will be giving her a date this week. The Lord has really been mindful of Nuevo París here in Cerro. I will be waiting anxiously with all the rest of you for good news in the coming weeks...!
So, anyways, that́s the scoop from Cerro! Hey, Bro. Mo, thanks for the letter; send me your snail mail address so I can write you back legitimately! Me encantó leer la parte de su email en español; ¡menos mal que no te hayas olivdado! ¡Ahora yo sé dónde encontrar alguién con quién hablar después de la misión! ¿Qué te parece? :o) Well, I think that́s gonna be about it for me this week. I hope everything is going well up there in the good oĺ US of A. Dońt forget to write me and let me know what́s going on in the life of YOU! Have a good one!
Elder Taylor

No comments: