Monday, March 31, 2008

End of March...Wow

Taylor Family and Friends,
So I think Íll start this letter by saying I cańt believe that it is already the end of March/beginning of April. That́s so crazy. It seems like yesterday that I was watching fireworks on Christmas and New Years. The time has flown by these last three months. And now it́s time for Conference again! I am SO excited! I dońt have to sit and watch Conference all by myself this time around; Íll be with the rest of the gringos in the zone. I guess that could have it́s advantages and it́s disadvantages. But we are super stoked to continue the Taylor Family Conference Tradition here in this side of the world! Those of you who know what that tradition is, you understand; those of you who dońt, just ask...but I warn you, you will be converted! That́s why Nathanael married my sister....! :o)
We had a really good week last week. The change of weather got to me a bit, I was sick for a couple of days, and still am fighting congestion. But hey, it́s all good. My tonsils are inflamed again, for about the 4th time on the mission; but wéll just rub some dirt in it and keep going. Worry about it later. Haha.
We found this really cool lady named Angela last Wednesday. She was sitting out in front of her house playing with her grandson, Facundo, whós turning one this Friday. Anyways, we were across the street, and decided to go talk to her; as soon as we started to cross the street, she was just smiling...not a usual occurrence! Haha. We introduced ourselves, asked about her grandson (to break the ice) and told her we were sharing a message especially about the family. As soon as we said that, she said, "Well would you like to sit down and talk for a minute?" as she opened the gate; why yes, Angela, we would LOVE to...! We sat there in the front of her house and talked with her about God́s plan for our families and how we can be with our loved ones forever. At the end of the little chat, SHE ASKED US if there was a church close by and if it was ok for her to go. We told her the address of the church, and invited her to come. She said she wanted to talk to her daughter first, to see if she would accompany her. We told her wéd call on Saturday night to set everything up. Cool.
We called her on Saturday night, and she said shéd meet us at the Church. Sadly enough, she didńt make it yesterday morning. She woke up with back problems, but we visited her yesterday afternoon and had a great charla. We talked about how God calls prophets to reveal his truth to us, and how he has done so in our day. Anyways, at the end of the lesson, after she said a GREAT prayer, she said to us, "I dońt know why it is that you guys came and talked to me that day, but it must be for a reason. I dońt usually sit out in front of the house like that. There must be a reason for it all, right? Maybe I dońt understand it now, but I hope that after praying I will be able to understand." Needless to say, Elder Huber and I walked away smiling and speechless. We have really been blessed in our efforts. Three of our investigators now have baptismal dates in April, and we have a few others who are REALLY close. The Lord provides the way, He just asks us to be the instruments.
This week is a full week- District Mtg tomorrow, interviews on Wednesday, and Conference this weekend. A great week to learn and grow! Elder Huber is awesome. Ím so grateful for the chance I had to be with him these last few months. Lots of desire and a powerful testimony; "Oh, the places (héll) go..."
Well, that́s gonna be about it for my time today. The letteŕs kinda short, sorry, but I had to say hello to my cute little sisters! If anyone speaks to Mary-Anne this week, tell her I love her and I missed her letter this week. :o( I hope you all have a fantastic week and Ím excited to see what you all learn from the Conference this weekend! I expect a good report and some good notes next week. Keep your eyes out for who has the best tie of the Conference...that́s always fun! Chao chao!
Elder Taylor

P.S. For the record, if anyone is reading this, Mary-Anne DID send Elder Taylor a letter...he just didn't receive it. :(

No comments: