Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Changes

Taylor Family and Friends,
> This one is probably going to be a little shorter. If you have any questions, comments, or complaints, please direct them to Mary-Anne Taylor Swift. :o)
> Changes are upon us! But not a lot of changes. Elder Huber and I are staying together! I´m stoked! We have some really good things going on here, so I´m really glad that I get to stay. Elder Roper, from the other companionship, is the only one that is leaving. And Elder Espínola is coming to be w/ Elder Johanson. He´s from Paraguay, and I love him to death, He was in my zone while I was in Bella Union. So yeah, that´s our changes. Oh, and I was called as a District Leader, so that´ll be fun. It´ll be another opportunity to be able to serve the Elders here in my zone! Saweet!
> Well, Nahuel went swimming on Friday! Elder Huber was a witness in his first baptism here in the ´Guay. It went SUPER well. There was a very small turnout of people, but that´s because it had been raining every day, nonstop, for the last week. I don´t know if you have heard about the flooding in Argentina...we haven´t had any flooding, just lots of rain. Pablo, Nahuel´s dad, was able to do the baptism. He is a recent convert. He was super emotional and super nervous- reminded me of dad. :o) The first time he dunked him, he forgot to say the last name! But the second time, he did just fine. After Nahuel came up, Pablo just gave him a huge bear hug, right there in the font. It was a very touching moment. I was there waiting with the towel at the top of the steps. Nahuel went in the bathroom to go change, and Pablo just stood there, looked at me, and said, "Tengo ganas do llorar por alegría." or "I feel like crying I´m so happy." I just gave him a hug, in my suit and all-I can dry it off later, right? So yeah, we had a good baptismal service. The other Elders and I sang "Dime la Historia de Cristo" a´cappella. I don´t remember the title in English, sorry. It went really well. The Bishop asked us where he had to sign in order to contract us for a sacrament meeting. Haha.
> Mom, I want maple extract! :o) And peanut butter. :o) And taco seasoning. :o) AND PICTURES OF OUR HOUSE! Other than that, let your heart guide you. Haha.
> Dad, did you ever serve in Coleman, Alabama? Or did you ever know and Elder Johanson? It seems everyone has a connection with that mission! Pretty sweet!
> Well, I think that´s going to do it for me this week. I hope you all have a FANTASTIC week and I can´t wait to hear from each one of you! Melanie, the pictures of the play looked awesome! I can´t wait to get a review from you! :o) Hey, ¡no se vayan a olvidar que les quiero a todos! ¡Pórtense bien y cuídense mucho! Hey Matt Boyce, I´m expecting an invitation!
> Elder Taylor

No comments: