Monday, April 16, 2007

Well hey there!

Here it is, another week gone by. Time seems to go by so fast here. Maybe it's because I'm in a different hemisphere? Who knows... haha.
Well, at least I know that one family member loved me and thought about me last week- thanks for writing me Uncle Mike! I enjoyed getting your letter on Thursday! I hope my parents are still sending my emails to you!
This week has been good. We have a baptism this Thursday that we are really excited for. Porfilio is finally getting baptized! We have just been making sure he is ready and getting things set. He is almost done with the Book of Mormon already! He's basically inhaling it. Ha ha. Every time we go over there he has read like 50 chapters and has a million questions. Ok...that was a little bit of an exaggeration, but not too much!
Our main focus right now is finding new people to teach. It has been our focus for the last couple of weeks, but the area is really hard to find in. We talk to EVERYONE, sometimes multiple times, hoping that they'll be the one. We found one guy last week who we were really excited about, but we haven't been able to get back with him again because of work. Today is supposed to be his day off, so we're going back today. Yesterday we also found a mother who we have a hope for. Her parents and two young daughters are members of the Church, but she and her husband are not. We're hoping that through their example she will be able to see the importance of it. Have a lesson with her tomorrow.
Oh yeah, my girlfriend got baptized on Saturday. She's probably the 5th cutest girl in the entire world, behind my sisters and my beautiful mother! But no worries, she's 8 years old and the daughter of my Branch President. Ha ha. Had you scared, didn't I? Her name is Valentina and she is a doll, along with her two brothers. Her dad asked me to be one of the witnesses for the baptism, along with a brother from the Branch. I was so excited. It was the first time I've ever actually participated in a baptism. Cool experience. I think hekr dad forgot to tell her that right after the prayer she was going under, because it took her by surprise and her feet came off the floor. Her dad caught them in time, but it was kind of funny. She came up and started to cry...but we'll blame that on the awesome Spirit that was present!
Jose Luiz update...we went by to talk with him and his mom about La Obra Misional. It was way cool because before we even started alking he was telling us about this awesome responsibility he feels to share the Gospel with everyone!So we've found another member to go with us to lessons...!
I heard from one of the Elders from my zone in the MTC. Elder Adamson-he's in th eother mission here in beautiful Uruguay. So that was exciting. I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY FRIENDS...! Hint hint. Ha ha. But really, if you ever find a spare minute, I'd love to hear what ya'll are up to and what's going on back in the crazy US of A and good ol' Utah.
Mom, I'm getting close to the end of my journal-what do you want me to do for a new one? Jus tfind one here or do you want to send me one like it so it "matches"? Just a question I had. I've been way good with my journal-I haven't even missed like 5 days. Why couldn't I do it before the mission? I was slackin...!
I got my pictures on CD's last week, so I'll send them to ya'll either today or, most likely, next week. We're probably going to go do some shopping today to see what there is to see, so I might be sending a little something home. Nothing too crazy big, I promise. I made a backup of the picture CD's to make sure we get them there ok, so just let me know if they don't make it. Ha ha. I"m almost positive we won't have a problem, but we'll see.
I didn't even knkow Julianne was engaged! Did I? I don't even know anymore. Ha ha. Make sure you give her a congrats for me. A hug too, if that's appropriate...? Ha ha. And make sure you threaten the fiance, Nathanael, since I can't. I'm counting on you...!
Well, know that I love you all, and the work of the Lord is moving forward! If you don't know the missionaries in your area, I give you a challenge to at least get to know their names! The work is a lot easier when you have the support of the members!
Christ lives, loves us, and He will come again! There is a power in the Book of Mormon-find it!
Elder Taylor

No comments: