Monday, April 23, 2007

Beautiful day in beautiful Artigas!

¡Buen día a todos!
Yeah, that´s right, I speak Spanish. Haha. Not really, that was a straight up lie. But if you asked my Branch President apparently he would say yes, because he asked Elder Stoddard and I to speak in church AGAIN yesterday! That´s twice in like a month. No one wants to come to church and listen to the gringos try to speak Spanish again. Haha. But it went really well. I talked about finding and Elder Stoddard talked about retention. So yeah...good times...
¡PORFILIO GOT BAPTIZED! It was awesome! I love the mission! Haha. Thursday was a crazy day. We had planning in the morning, zone conference right after in the afternoon, and our baptism RIGHT after that. It was a full day. AND it was Porfilio´s birthday, so that was cool. After the baptism we had a small cake and just chatted until we had to run home to get in on time! Ah...the life of a missionary. Elder Stoddard baptized Porfilio. Afterwards we had a small little testimony meeting type thing, and we invited him to bear his testimony. He said he´s going to try his best to help his family follow his example. We have a really good relationship with his family, so we are hoping for the same...we will see! And, he was confirmed yesterday in church. He´s officially a Mormon! Yes! Seeing the change the Gospel brings in to people´s lives is amazing. I love it.
Ok, now some sad news. We found out like Tuesday night or something like President Bankhead is not coming back. Because of his health problems, he is being released. We do not know what the problem is, but yeah. As of right now, one of his counselors is our President and our new one comes the first of June or July. His name is Pres. Peterson and he is like the director of temporal affairs in Mexico. I think. We don´t really now much about him. Like at all. But I thought you might like to know.
We found an awesome guy named Eduardo. He´s never had much interest in any church, he said, but for some reason when we came by, the topic interested him. Saturday night we invited him to church, and he jumped at the opportunity! He came yesterday and loved every minute of it. We are really excited about him!
Fam, I got the package you sent this last Thursday-and I´ll have you know I made the very first shot on my hoop! And no, I wasn´t anywhere close, Nathanael! Haha. It´s been fun. The food-wow, I miss the goods from the States. But then again, they have stuff here that I´ll miss when I come home. I want the best of both worlds. Haha. And can I just say-I love how the tape you sent covered everything from Christmas day, to the beginning of April! Haha. Elder Stoddard and I had a good laugh at that! It was really fun to hear everything that´s been going on, though. Keep ´em coming! Especially if they have songs from my beautiful sister who sings like an angel! Yes mom, you sounded wonderful too! Haha
Ok, well we´re supposed to meet the rest of the zone over in Brazil in about 15 minutes for food, so I think that just about does it for this week. I love you all, the Church is true, and the work of the Lord is moving forward-don´t get left behind! Haha. I can´t wait to hear from all of you! I´m getting stamps soon, so I promise letters are headed out from here to all of you too, no worries!
Elder Taylor

P.S. What is this about a massacre at some college? We´ve heard bits and pieces, but not anything solid...

No comments: