Wednesday, December 13, 2006

First Letter MTC

Dear Family,
Well, here it is at 8:35 pm on my first day in the MTC. They have kept us so busy today my head is still spinning trying to take it all in. After I said goodbye to you guys (it seems like days ago!) we went and stood in a lot of lines to check off our immunizations. On my way there, however, I saw Elder May (Bryce) and his companion. That was really nice to see a familiar face. It wasn't long after when I saw even more. I saw Elder McCarty and Elder Rogers while in the lines. It was fun to see them both here. After that, I came to my room to drop off all my old books and then went to get my luggage. Before that, however, I met up with my companion - Elder Trane from Idaho Falls. He will be serving in the Guyaquil, Ecuador mission. We seem to go really well together. I am really excited to get to know him better. We share a room with Elder Anderson, from Midvale, and Elder Menniger from Gilbert, Arizona. We all got unpacked and settled in before we went to a new missionary orientation, where the mission presidency spoke to us. they are great men who carry the Spirit with them and teach wit it. Pres. Boone, one of the counselors quoted Neal A. Maxwell as saying, "God does not begin by asking us about our ability, but only about our availability, and if we then prove our dependability, He will increase our capability." Already I am SO glad that I have made myself available to Him and I can't wait to help build His kingdom here on the earth, most specifically in Uruguay.
After our meeting, we had dinner, which was pretty good, and then we went to meet our Branch Presidency. Our branch president is President Trost and his counselors are Pres. Flores and Pres. Harper. Pres. Flores is from Mexico and started giving us our first lesson in Spanish! Oh boy. We were then given a short MTC tour by our Zone leaders and now we are back in our room. They gave us special permission to write a letter tonight. my P-Day here is Thursday. But I just wanted to write you and let you know that all is well. the Church is still true, and I'm so excited to be here. I don't think it's hit me yet, but that will come. I love you all, remember that. Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: