Monday, May 12, 2008

Hmmm...

Taylor Family and Friends,
Well, another telephone call come and gone. That´s crazy. That may be the last phone call I make home, but I guess only time will tell. Who knows if I´ll be home before Christmas? Any predictions? Haha. But, like Mom said, don´t get trunky.
So Mary-Anne has informed me that I don´t sound as weird as I did the last phone call. Elder Maughan and I decided it´s because the phone connection here is better. :o) If you don´t remember, Elder Maughan was also with me the last time I called home, but not as my companion, just as a housemate...? Haha. But I´m glad that I sounded "normal" this time. I must say, this phone call wasn´t as weird as the last one. On Christmas, it was just kind of awkward. Well, at least I thought so. Yesterday was just normal. Good thing. It was really good to talk to Skyler; sheesh, I can´t believe how long it´s been since I saw that kid. Come to think of it, I haven´t even seen a picture of him since he´s been home...! Hey slacker, get on top of that! :o)
Everyone seemed to be doing pretty good, so that´s always nice to know. After my phone call yesterday, Elder Maughan called his family and basically just said, "Hey, see you in two weeks." He was feeling a little trunky yesterday, needless to say, but I snapped him out of it. Haha. We had a pretty good week this week. Like I´ve been saying, we´ve needed to focus on finding. We had a pretty cool experience on Friday afternoon. We left after lunch focused on just that-finding. We decided to go by a ladies´house whom we had talked to in the street; went by, and no one was there. Knocked a couple of houses down and just talked to them in front of their house-nothing; but while we were there, we saw Leticia (the lady who we had talked with) return to her house. We went over there and just talked to her in front of her house, because she was home alone with her baby. We explained a little bit of the plan of salvation and she seemed to gain interest. At the end of our little chat, we asked her if she had any questions, and she said, "Yeah, I have one, but it´s kind of off the subject...what´s your baptism like?" Elder Maughan and I just kind of looked at each other and then explained that our baptism is like the baptism of Christ, by inmersion and by the priesthood. Then she says, "In the Bible, there´s a scripture that says that when Christ comes again, He will return to His church...how can we know which church that is?" With a smile, we explained that that is exactly what we teach, how people can know with a surety where the true church of Christ is in our day. We set up a return appointment, and we´re excited to head back tomorrow and answer her questions! The Lord is preparing His children, we just have to be willing to open our mouths and help them find what they are looking for!
Mom, you asked what we have been studying in our studies...it really kind of depends. One of those three hours is dedicated to language study, one to personal study, and one to comp study. I rotate between the BoM, the Bible, Patriarchal Blessing, and other books from the missionary library. Right now I´m in the process of re-reading the BoM, I´m in 1 Corinthians in New Testament, and I´m almost done with Moses in the Pearl. A lot of reading. :o)
I haven´t really eaten any "new" foods lately. That´s one thing that I´m not too crazy about in the ´Guay-there´s not a lot of food variety. Every restaurant or store you go to has the same things on their menu. But hey, it´s all good. For zone meetings, we usually take stuff to make sandwiches, or we order a milanesa, hamburger, or pasta, usually. Just depends on the day. :o)
I´ll think about stuff that I need/want and make a list so I can tell you next week. You could also make a list of ideas to help, if you want. Haha.
Well, I´m gonna end this letter and try and send off some pictures. I hope all of you mothers enjoyed your day yesterday! Take care!
Elder Taylor

No comments: