Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Cambios...! (Changes...!)

Taylor Family and Friends,
Waiting for changes this time wasn´t as intense as it has been for the last year and a half; maybe the fact that my comp is heading home has something to do with it! Haha. Elder Maughan leaves for Montevideo tomorrow morning at 2 AM. He´ll be at home with his family on Friday evening. Crazy.
As for Elder Taylor, I´m staying here in Paysandú, obviously. And I will be accompanied by my new companion...Elder Shupe! I met Elder Shupe about a year ago in the offices when I went to go pick up Elder Holmes and we become good friends really quickly. We are both stoked to get together and hit the ground running! I think Elder Shupe has been out about 3 months longer than me, so we´re both pretty close. This will be his first change as a ZL, so we´ll see if I learned everything I needed to. :o)
Another cool thing about changes....ELDER HUBER IS COMING TO PDU! And more than that, HE´S GOING TO BE LIVING IN MY HOUSE! I am SO excited! Elder Villa is heading to Mercedes and Elder Arrieta will now be Huber´s senior comp. Last weekend I called him to find out the baptismal date for one of the investigator´s I left in Cerro, and I told him (jokingly) to get ready because he was going to be bounced up to P-Dú with me...and now it´s happening! Haha. A very pleasant surprise!
Last week was a busy week. We had lots of stuff to take care of, especially the ward activity on Friday night and the stake baptism on Saturday. The ward has been really struggling with activities, so the bishop asked us to help the Young Men with an activity for the ward. We called it "La Noche del Evangelio" or "Gospel Night." We talked about the 5 steps in the gospel and had an activity to go along with each one. Young Men were in charge of faith, we were in charge of repentance and baptism, Relief Society was the Holy Ghost, and the Primary was enduring to the end. It went REALLY well and the ward LOVED it. The bishop was very content. We´ll see if he asks us to help with an activity for June...!
The stake baptism-what an awesome night! In the zone, there were 9 baptisms, and we did 7 of them in our chapel. (The other two wards are pretty far away- half an hour and an hour.) Elder Maughan and I had planned 8 baptisms for Saturday, but last week we talked about it with the bishop, and we decided that 3 of the Rodriguez family need a little more preparation, and the other 3 want to wait and be baptized with the others. So on Saturday, we had 2 baptisms in Barrio Ombú-Estefany and Belén Benitez. Elder Maughan baptized Estefany and I baptized Belén. Their parents are working on the paper work for their marriage so they can join their daughters as members of the Church. It was an awesome baptismal service; three wards combined and tons of member support! I haven´t seen so many people in white outside of the temple-it was sweet! Hopefully it won´t be the last!
Elder Maughan gave a talk on Sunday; it went well. Last night and tonight has been going around to different goodbyes and picture events for him. He has left a mark on this ward.
So Mary-Anne-are you baby-hungry yet? Haha. Those pictures showed up well. Send Megan and Ashley my congrats! And now Nathanael is off on one of his crazy adventures, eh? That´s cool. Is it some kind of contest, or did he and Jordan just decide to do it? I wouldn´t be surprised...! :o) PS, about your dream-Forget about it! That´s ridiculous! I thought you knew me better than that...I´m going to need at least 8 months....! Haha. Just playing!
Hey Melanie, so how did that American Idol thing turn out? Did that one LDS kid win? How´s the last few weeks of school going? When do you guys get out, anyway? Any hot dates lately? :o)
Goose! What´s up, kid? How´s school? Are you behaving yourself? Haha. Don´t forget to write me, and don´t forget what we talked about on Mother´s Day...!
Pops-thanks for those quotes! You know me so well. Haha. You went and vacuumed in the Conf. Center? That´s sweet. Was it a huge vacuum? So it´s looking like I´m going to be home for the temple dedication? Sweet! How´s your truck shopping going? Hurry up, man! :o)
Well, I think that´s about it for this week. I´m going to go take a nap, because I´ll hardly get any sleep tonight. I´ll be up in the bus terminal almost all night long...oh goody. But I hope you all have a great week and I hope to hear from ya soon!
Elder Taylor
Two of these are from Zone Leader Conference and then the next
one...well...isn´t!Haha! Elder Maughan and I! I´ll make a cd
and send some more in the mail. It takestoo long to download
them on here. Dad, if you know of a faster way, let me know! :o)

No comments: