Monday, October 1, 2007

October 1st, are you serious?

Taylor Family and Friends,
Well hey there. How ya´ll doin? Things are going really well here in
Bella Union. This week brought a couple of changes, starting with the
weather; it seems like we´re going to skip spring here and go straight to
summer. Yesterday it got up to 31 degrees (Celsius) I´m not sure how much
that is F, but I think it´s about 80 degrees. All I know is that it´s a
lot warmer. Haha. But notwithstanding the heat, somehow I managed to catch
a cold this week. Remember how before I left my tonsil had swollen up a
little and then went back to normal? Well, on Wednesday I woke up with a
cold and swollen tonsil. I´m feeling a lot better now, but my tonsil is
still bigger than it should be. Haha. But the headache and all that jazz
has left. I opened up my bag on Wednesday and found the pharmacy that I
hadn´t even touched yet. Haha. Thanks Mom, love ya!
This week we started a new schedule. Now we have 9 hours of proselyting
every day. 9-12 in the morning, and 3-9 in the afternoon. It´s pretty
sweet. President Peterson reviewed the schedule we had and compared it with
Preach My Gospel, and then made the changes accordingly. We are all pretty
stoked about it.
Things with Elder Marroquín are going really well. We both have the
desires to do the things we need to do, so we get along. Haha. He´s really
a pretty funny kid. Weird, but funny. He reminds me of a gringo trying to
learn Spanish-he´s always asking me how to say stuff in English. He
actually speaks pretty well. Ok, well a lot better than Elder Huaman. Not
meaning he could carry a conversation by any means, but he understands a
lot of the basics. It´s fun.
THIS WEEKEND IS GENERAL CONFERENCE! Crazy. We get the satellite here in
Bella Union, so we don´t have to go to Salto. I still haven´t made the
arrangements for waffles...we´ll see if we can scrounge something up
before the weekend. If not, there´s always April. I´m way stoked for
Conference. I do believe that I will be the only one watching it in English
this time. Haha. That will be interesting.
Ricardo went to church this week! I don´t know if I´ve told you about
him, but I believe so. His wife is the returned missionary who is now
inactive. They got married and she gradually went inactive. He was a
reference from the Ward Council. He has ran off a lot of companionships,
his wife said, so she was surprised when he invited us back for a third,
fourth visit, then a fifth...etc. We are taking it slow, as he requested,
but we are pretty excited. Yesterday was the Primary Presentation here in
Bella Union. Elder Taylor was asked to accompany them on the piano. That
was a first. It was fun.
Anyways, time is running short; the computer was having problems today.
Dad, why would you fix the Dodge?! You´re crazy, man. My opinion. Haha.
Love you. Mary-Anne-you´re already looking for a new job? Sheesh kid. I
haven´t changed ties yet. Haha. It snowed in Salt Lake? That´s
ridiculous! Usually it waits until about Halloween. Weird. So how is mom
pronouncing the names of all these cities? That would be interesting to
hear! Haha. I forgot to bring the information for Elder Stoddard, but I
already made a reminder to bring it next week. Sorry. Sweet, that´s about
it for today. Tomorrow we are in Salto, Wednesday back here, and Thursday
in Paysandu for zone conference. Fun week! I love you all! Sorry for the
short letter, but it´s not my fault. Haha. Don´t take it personally.
Chao!
Elder Taylor

No comments: