Monday, September 24, 2007

Well Hey There...!

Taylor Fam and Friends,
So how ya´ll doin? Things are going really well here in Bella Union.
Elder Marroquín got up this morning, studied, and went back to bed. Haha.
It was great! For the next couple of weeks we´ll probably be writing in
the afternoon, because his family writes him on Monday mornings, so we have
to give them time to be able to write. Just a heads up. So this morning we
slept and cleaned. Afterwards we went down to the park by the river, took
some pictures, and played frisbee. I think I´m going to be buying a
basketball after we write. It´s been WAY too long since I played. Haha.
So Elder Marroquín is from Lima, Peru. He´s been a member his whole
life. His mom´s a convert of about 20 years and his dad was baptized about
7 years ago. He is the oldest of 5 kids; 4 boys and a girl. His family was
sealed in the Lima Temple in April, so that´s pretty cool! As I think I
said last week, Elder Marroquín has been in ´Deo for the last 4 1/2
months. Elder McFarland (one of my first Zone Leaders) trained him, and the
last two changes he has been with Elder Bankhead, one of the first Elders I
met here in the ´Guay. He´s been here one change longer than me and is
from Logan. But that´s just for your info. Haha.
Elder Marroquín and I are doing really well together! He has come with
the desires to work, and work is what we are doing! We finished up the week
wonderfully, and we are really looking forward to see what this new week
brings.
Elder Huaman left at 8:30 on Tuesday night and until about 10:45 I was in
the house of one of the members here. At 10:45, Daniel (a
recently-returned-missionary) got out of his class and came to get me. We
went to my house, planning on going to bed and sleeping. At about 11:50, I
received a telephone call from Elder Huffaker, the zone leader in
Paysandu. He says, "Elder Taylor, sorry to wake you up. We have an Elder
that´s going to be in Bella Unión in about half an hour on his way to
Artigas. We need you to go get him and get him on the next bus to Artigas."
Sweet, thanks Elder Huffaker. Haha. So we forgot about sleeping, went and
got Elder Allen, and he and I went to my house to crash. Daniel went home
to get some sleep before work on Wednesday morning. So yeah, Elder Allen
was with me until Elder Marroquín got here, and then we put him on a bus
for Artigas. He was headed for Barrio 4 in Artigas. I told him to send a
shout out for the Rama.
Last weekend had a great experience. Friday night, a lot of the young
adults from Salto came to have an activity with the young adults from Bella
Union. Elder Echegaraí (spelling-NO idea) who is an Area Authority came
and spoke at a fireside. He gave an AWESOME talk on prayer. It was SO good.
I´m glad that the young adults invited us to go. Haha. I´m not sure why,
but that talk was prepared with Elder Taylor in mind. Prayer is such a
powerful tool and blessing that our Father in Heaven has given us. Are we
putting it to use, or is it an un-opened gift on the mantel?
We also went and participated in the service project with the youth on
Saturday morning. It was a lot of fun. We went and painted, cleaned,
organized and all that fun kind of stuff at a school here in Bella Unión.
Mom-you´re going to sing for President Hinckley?! That´s so cool!
Don´t mess up. Haha. Just kidding. I can´t believe that General
Conference is almost here again. Crazy. I remember heading to General
Conference with Elder Stoddard in Artigas. Man, that was fun. Speaking of
Tyson (Elder Stoddard) have you guys heard from him yet? He´s been home
almost 2 months now. He´s probably using the excuse that he´s busy with
school, but that´s no excuse. Haha. I hope he gets in touch soon. I´ll
send you his info next week, if I can remember.
Dad-how was the Titan? Everything you hoped and dreamed? Haha. I hope you
took a picture when it was sitting there in the garage! I have to know how
well my Tacoma is going to fit. :o) Looks like they did a pretty good job
on fixing up the van. Did it cost an arm and a leg, or just the leg? Did
the insurance help at all? Have you found the blessing or lesson that
we´re supposed to learn in this experience yet? If not, keep looking,
it´ll show up...it always does!
Here´s a weird idea-our bishop here left yesterday after church and if
things go well, he won´t be back for 3 months. That´s kind of an
interesting thought, huh? Our bishop has been without work for some time,
just doing odd-jobs here and there for a couple of weeks at a time. He got
the opportunity to sign-up to take the fireman course like two weeks ago,
so he did it. He´s in ´Deo this week to see if he passes the tests. If
things go as we hope, we won´t have a bishop until about Christmas; if
things don´t go well, he´ll be here to preside in Sacrament next week.
The ward will be fine. The counselors are very capable men, and the members
know how things run. The Elders will be doing their part. So yeah, we hope
things go well for Bishop Molina.
Well, I think that´s about it for this week. The work of the Lord is
moving forward here in Bella Union. I am so grateful for the opportunity
that I have to be a part of this wonderful work! He really does have great
things in store for each one of us, of that I have no doubt. I love and
pray for you often; don´t ever forget that!
Love Always,
Elder Taylor

No comments: