Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Another change in Artigas...?‏

Taylor Fam and Friends,
Well here it is-the end of another change! I can´t even believe it. This change FLEW by. I don´t know what made it so different, but these last six weeks seemed like nothing.
Just so I don´t get too distracted, I want to make sure Melanie knows that I hope she has a GREAT birthday! I can´t believe she is 16 today. That is SO weird! I´ve been talking about her all week to the people here. Haha. I want the address of every boy that shows up to the party...I´ll drop them a little line from the ´Guay! Just give them a little culture... :o) No, Melanie, I really hope you have a great birthday. Know that your brother loves you with all his heart and thinks about you often! ¡Feliz Cumpleaños!
Alright, now I can move on to changes....are ya´ll ready for this? Elder Taylor is staying in Artigas for another change. Can you believe it? I couldn´t. I´ve been in Artigas for 6 months. Crazy. But it´s all good, because that doesn´t mean I´m staying in the same place. Haha. Elder Taylor is headed to a city called BELLA UNION in the department/state of Artigas. I hope you understood that. Haha. In Uruguay, there are 19 departments, which are like states (kind of) For the last six months, I´ve been in the city of Artigas. Now I am moving to Bella Union. It´s about two and a half hours northwest, but still in the department of Artigas.
Bella Union is the northern-most city in Uruguay. I thought Artigas was, but I was wrong. Bella Union is right in the corner where Brazil, Argentina, and Uruguay meet. It´s basically out in the middle of nowhere. It will be just me and my companion in the city-the next closest companionship is at least 2 hours by bus. Crazy, uh? Now about my companion: Elder Taylor is going to be in all-Spanish-mode yet again. I don´t remember his name, but my companion is from Peru. This time it´s an actual Elder, not a Corto Plazo, so that´s cool. This will be his 3rd change. I am going to be his 2nd companion. I´m really excited! I love the Rama 5 here in Artigas, but I am stoked to get to know another part of the country, new people, etc. I leave tomorrow morning at 5 AM.
Elder Holmes will be staying here in the Rama 5. He will also be receiving a Latin companion! Haha. We had talked about it this last week, and we both saw it coming. He is a little nervous, but pretty excited. Elder Rojas is his companion´s name; he is from Paraguay, and he finishes the mission in 2 changes. It´ll be really good for Elder Holmes this next change. It will be REALLY different, but good. I´ve heard about Elder Rojas-he sounds like a great missionary.
So that´s the big news from this end of the world! It´s been hard saying goodbye to the members and whatnot these last couple of days. I wish I could take them all with me. Haha. I never believed it before the mission, but you really do come to love the people where you serve, it´s unbelievable. The Martinez family (my Uruguayan parents) were really excited when they found out I was going to Bella Union-they know a ton of people up there. They said they´re going to come visit the ward up there. Haha. We´ll see.
Mom, yes I did send a cd of pictures home with Elder Daimaru-if you want them, just give him a call or something. I don´t know-it´s on that side of the world now! And you asked me if there´s anyone that I want you to be inviting over....I´ll leave that up to you and Mary-Anne! You let me know if anything develops. Haha. Thanks for the good laugh!
Who is Mary Fletcher that asked you if I know this girl? Do you know Sabuda´s last name? It´s not ringin´a bell at the moment, but who knows?
Dad, you don´t remember my first date?! I´m crushed. Haha. But that´s because all you worried about when I was younger was those so-called "stealth dates." I still can´t help but laugh when I see those words! Good times.
Mary-Anne and Melanie-I will not be WEIRD when I get home! I promise. Haha. You know me better than that. I might talk a little different, but that´s only because I´ll mix my English and my Spanish. But it´s all good. I´ll only be weird if I have more weeks like last week when I got one letter...thanks Mary-Anne!
Julianne is pregnant?! Wow. I didn´t see that one coming. That´s cool, though! Send them my congrats, and tell them thanks for taking Mary-Anne´s turn in line! Haha. Mary-Anne, you just keep out of that line for at least another 5 or 6 months...after that, doesn´t matter, ´cuz I´ll be home when my niece/nephew is born! Haha. Melanie and Megan...just keep playing with your dolls! :o)
Mary-Anne, how is the job hunt coming? Found anything yet? If not, just be patient, it´ll come. D&C 58:4. And Nathanael-how is the school-prep comin? It´s been a while since you´ve done the whole school thing. Hopefully you can back up your studies better than you can back up your talk with your game! Yeah, yeah-I know you miss me! Haha
Eduardo is doing great: blessed the sacrament for the first time on Sunday-it was awesome. I don´t know if I told you, but I passed it with him for the first time a week ago. He is still on fire. The Branch President called him a "bomb" last week in Ward Counsel. Haha. Good times. He´s not too excited about me leaving, but he told me last night that he had prayed and he knows that we are going to see each other again! So whoever wants to come back to the ´Guay with me in a couple years...start saving your money! And put some away for me, too. Haha.
Hermana Martinez is doing a lot better. She is still in bed a lot, but she definitely looks a lot better. She´s headed back to the hospital on Monday for more tests and whatnot-we´ll see what happens! Thanks for your prayers.
Well, I think that´s about it for this week. On Monday I´ll be writing from a brand new city with a brand new companion. Crazy. Oh, just to let you know-the last couple of weeks I´ve written pretty early because we went over to play in Brazil, so I don´t know why you´ve been getting my emails late. Sorry. We tried to write early this morning too, but the page wasn´t working. I still haven´t gotten the emails from Melanie and Megan-I don´t know if something´s wrong with their addresses or what. I think I´ve gotten the ones from Julie-tell her thanks. And tell Skyler to step it up! I slacked because he told me I couldn´t write emails-he has no excuse. Haha.
I love you all! Know that the work of the Lord is moving forward in this wonderful country! Let´s do all we can to give it another push, uh? Take care of yourselves!
Con Cariño,
Elder Taylor

No comments: