Monday, August 27, 2007

Montevideo...

Taylor Fam and Friends,
It is a BEAUTIFUL day here in Bella Union. Yesterday was freezing and
cloudy, but everything cleared up for our Preparation Day, thank heavens.
The Lord loves His missionaries. Haha.
So first things first, just to make sure I don´t forget. This week is a
little complicated, so pay attention! Haha. Today is P-Day, obviously. NEXT
MONDAY (Sept 3) WILL NOT BE P-DAY. I WILL BE WRITING AGAIN ON THIS
SATURDAY, AUGUST 31. Our next P-Day will be September 10. So yeah, I´ll be
writing this Saturday, August 31, and then not again until September 10.
And now I´ll tell you why...
ELDER L. TOM PERRY IS COMING TO MONTEVIDEO! He is coming to reorganize a
stake, and he is going to have a special conference with the missionaries
from our mission! Last year he came and only the missionaries close to
´Deo could go, but Pres. Peterson got permission for everyone to go, on
the condition that we change our P-Day next week. So for that reason, our
P-Day from Monday has been moved to this Friday so ALL of the missionaries
can go to this basically once in a lifetime opportunity. Not only because
we are going to hear an Apostle, but also because the WHOLE mission will be
together! SWEET! Pres. Peterson told us last week in our Zone Conference.
The whole mission is stoked! Obviously. Haha.
Bella Union has a new member of the Church. Cristian Ayala was baptized
on Saturday and confirmed yesterday. Everything went really well with the
baptism. I baptized him and Elder Huaman did the confirmation yesterday.
The coolest part of the baptism (ok, maybe not the COOLEST, but it was
good) was that after the ordinance we had time for testimonies. Our ward
mission leader invited Cristian, his two member sisters, and his non-member
father to bear their testimonies. His father, after the others, got up-to
the surprise of many, including me and my companion. He proceeded to say
that he knows this is the true church and that as soon as his economic
situation permits, he and his "wife" will get married, and he will be
baptized! It was SO cool! Right now, he is living in Montevideo (working)
and his family is here. His kids, and his "wife" are all members, and now
it appears that he is on his way! We were pretty excited. So yeah, all went
well with the baptism!
Yes mom, the Spanish is still improving. Of course! I´ll never get to
the point where I´m not improving. Right now I´m really working on my
listening. Haha. Elder Huaman speaks REALLY quiet, even in the street. It
is so hard to hear him and distinguish what he´s saying when cars are
passing or music is playing, or whatever. It´s kinda drivin´ me nuts, but
hey, what can you do? I just tell him to speak up about every 30 seconds.
Haha.
Megan´s going to South Jordan Middle?! Where did that come from? Haha.
Did they start today? I hope it´s a good change for her. I know that she
had some challenges over at ghetto Elk Ridge, so I hope this helps! Megan,
YOU can make it a good thing! Just make the decision that this year is
going to be unbelieveable, and it will be. You can do it, Goose.
And Melanie´s a big Junior now. Weird. Drivers Ed starts today, doesn´t
it? Wow. Lots of crazy changes. How are the parents doin´ with that
driving idea? Good Luck! Haha
So yesterday was probly the trunkiest day of mission. Don´t tell
President. Haha. August 26-my big sister and my best friend that I haven´t
seen in 2 1/2 years both had their birthday. Crazy. I looked at pictures
last night, for sure. Probly sang happy birthday like 4 times yesterday,
too, with different people. So yeah, here´s a shout out to those two-HAPPY
BIRTHDAY! I LOVE YOU!
Dad, what happened with the eMachine? I didn´t break it! Haha. Finally
you guys can´t tell me it was because of my music or my chatting. :o)
Sometimes things just have problems. But hey, you´re basically a genius,
so it´s no big deal! Yeah, I did find the $20 in my coat pocket. Right
away, actually. Haha. And no worries, I made sure to take care of it, too.
I was in ´Deo-I can´t remember exactly, but I think that it helped to
have a good, healthy American meal. No, not McDonald´s-SUBWAY. It was
amazing. Thanks. :o)
Well, I think that´s about it. I hope you´re all anxious for my
Saturday letter, because I´m anxious to be able to write it. I´M GOING TO
LISTEN TO AN APOSTLE WITH ABOUT 150 MISSIONARIES! SWEET! I´m only a little
excited. :o) I love you all, and I´m waiting anxiously to hear how ya´ll
are doin! ¡Cuídense!
Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: