Tuesday, July 24, 2007

¡Montevideo...!‏

Fam and Friends,
So I´ll just apologize real quick to start off this letter. I forgot to
mention last week that we were going to the temple this week, which means
we had to change our P-Day. So I´m writing you from Montevideo. We were
going to leave at 12:00 last night, but the bus we rented was still on
it´s way home from Buenos Aires, so we didn´t leave until like 6 this
morning. We got here at about 1:30, our temple session is at like 5, and
then we´ll leave here for Artigas at about 10:00 tonight. That´s a LONG
day. It´s about a 7 hour trip back up to Artigas. Haha.
This is the second time our zone has gone to the temple for reaching our
baptism goal. Pretty sweet, uh? This is the "reward" for LAST change, so
it´s a little late, but it´s all good. I don´t know what all we´re
going to do until our temple session, but ´Deo is big-we´ll find
something to do. Haha.
Elder Holmes and I are doing really well. Working hard, and getting along
great. No Mary-Anne, when I say he´s interesting, I just mean we´re
different personalities. He´s always asking me if I´ve seen that movie or
played that video/computer game, and I only say yes about 2% of the time.
It´s pretty funny. Elder Holmes turned 20 in March. I haven´t had a
companion younger than me yet, even my Corto Plazo. Elder Holmes had a
mullet for a while before the mission-that´s a pretty interesting fact.
Haha. He´s a really funny kid. He´s doing better with the language. He
still looks at me as soon as somebody responds to him when we´re knocking
doors, but that´s part of the fun of training! Haha. At least now he
understands when people are asking him if he understands a word they´re
saying and he can say No. Nah, it´s not that bad. Well, not quite! :o)
So quick Eduardo update-HE GOT THE PRIESTHOOD ON SUNDAY! Yes! I´m so
stoked. He´s doing really well. He´s still got his long hair, but he made
a promise to me last night that he´s gonna cut it in two weeks. We are all
pretty sure I´m leaving this change, so that means I have 3 weeks left in
the Rama. So he said he´d cut it before I leave. I´m excited; it´ll be
cool to see him with short hair!
We are teaching a guy named Jose Enrique. We found him last week and he
came to church with us on Sunday. We gave him a baptismal date before he´d
even gone to church. He´s older: probly about 35-40 with 5 kids. He´s
separated from his "wife" or the mother of his kids. His house isn´t as
big as our kitchen (meaning my family´s at home) and it´s all out of
boxes and tin sheets. It is a very humbling sight. He had talked with the
missionaries before, but for some reason, they dropped him. We don´t know
details as to why. So we just keep praying that he progresses and
everything works out! We invited him, now we are just putting it in the
Lord´s hands to make sure he has a testimony of the truth. As long as he
reads the Book of Mormon, there is no doubt in my mind that he will.
Speaking of the Book of Mormon, Pablo, (the lawyer) is now in Helaman
chapter 12. He´s reading like crazy, considering his ridiculous schedule.
It´s hard to find him at home in order to have lessons, but every one we
have is fantastic. We invited him to go to church with us again, but he
said he doesn´t feel ready yet. He said that the day he shows up at church
is the day he knows it true and he wants to get baptized. So now we´re
anxiously waiting for the Lord to answer his prayer! By the way, I don´t
know if I ever told you this-but Pablo is a Mason. Meaning like, the
Masonery. I haven´t dared to ask him straight up and forward, but yeah. Do
you know any interesting facts or any anything about the Masonery? I know a
little bit, but not a lot. So yeah, that´s the update on him.
Dad, thanks for telling me about Jonathan Shelton and his stories-that
was really fun to read. He was such an amazing person. An awesome example
for all of us!
Mom, you got a new principal? What´s Dr. Burnside gonna do? Anything? Or
just play? That´s cool. And you took the sister missionaries out! That´s
awesome! When you took them out were they able to talk to anybody? That was
a surprise to read, but I was really glad to hear that. My talk a week ago
Sunday was all about how important it was to work with/through the
members-way to be an example! What did Megan think of the whole thing?
Speaking of my sisters, tell each one of them I love them and give them a
big hug for me. And Nathanael, give Mary-Anne one for me. I have thought a
lot about those three in this last week. I´ve got a pretty sweet family,
huh? Lucky kid. Just know that I love each one of ya! And I can´t wait to
hear from EACH one of you... :o)
Mary-Anne, I can´t remember if I said it last week, but HAPPY
ANNIVERSARY! I hope you guys enjoyed it! The water looked freezing. And-did
you dye your hair or is it just light from the sun? Looks good! :o)
Well, we´re gonna go play a little bit here in ´Deo! The Church is
true! I love all of you! Take care of yourselves!
Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: