Monday, July 16, 2007

CONGRATS MOM! Another fun-filled week...‏

Taylor Clan y Amigazos,
Mom is done with her Master´s! Holy cow! I thought this day would never
arrive-I can only imagine how Mom fills! That´s so cool. Now, Mom, take
some time to learn how to breathe and relax again-YOU DESERVE IT! But
that´s awesome. What an awesome example you are for the rest of us.
So both Mom and Mary-Anne said I didn´t comment a lot on Eduardo´s
baptism-I´ll try and recap. Eduardo got baptized. Pretty cool, uh? Haha.
No, we had a combined baptism with Barrio 1, Elder Sacco and Elder
Richards. They had two jovenes get baptized: William, 20, and Gabriel, 11.
They´re brothers. Good kids. I had met them a couple times before at
church and while on divisions. Good, short service. We had asked Hmo.
Martinez to speak, but a job opportunity came up that made it so he had to
travel, so his wife (my Uruguayan mother) spoke in his place. So Elder
Scco baptized Gabriel first, then Elder Richards and William, and then me
and Eduardo. Out of the three of us, only Richards and William had to do it
twice. Haha. It was good. Eduardo has some problems with his legs, so we
were a little worried about keeping everything under, but we did fine.
Elder Holmes said I put him down slower than anyone he´s ever seen. But
hey, I figure slow and right instead of fast and wrong-right? One of the
best parts about it was that Eduardo´s mother, sister, niece, and nephew
all came to support him.
Just this last week Eduardo´s two daughters, that live in Montevideo
with their mother, came to visit him. THEY ARE SOOOO CUTE! Marcia Veronica
and Maria Belen. Marcia is 6 years old and Belen is 4. They are darling. We
had a FHE with the three of them as well as Hmo/Hma Martinez in the
Martinez home. It was great. At the end of the night, there weren´t many
dry eyes. Eduardo brought his two beautiful daughters to sacrament with him
yesterday. Even though they had to get on a bus at 12 noon, he wanted to
make sure they knew what it was like. They loved it. Marcia even waved to
me with a big smile while I was giving my talk. It was a great experience.
And, even more, Eduardo was sustained to be able to receive the Aaronic
Priesthood. He will be receiving it next week!!
Mom, I´ve already told you about my food arrangement here, but I´ll
tell you again...I eat with members EVERY day. Except P-Days and Thursdays,
which is when we have our weekly planning. P-Days we eat where we want and
Thursdays we all eat together in the Coca´s house. I don´t ever cook. If
we´re hungry at night and we don´t have leftovers-we live a block away
from El Rey de Las Empanadas! 6 pesos a piece-it´s a beautiful thing!
Haha.
We had interviews with President Peterson on Saturday morning. We
weren´t expecting them, because they usually take place in the 4th week of
the change, but it´s all good. He wanted to get to know his missionaries
sooner. Yes, mom, we have individual interviews with him. My very first
interview with President Bankhead was the only one where we had a
companionship interview and an individual one. President Peterson is
awesome! I was kind of apprehensive at first, like with any big change, but
the next year and a half are going to be sweet! No worries, Montevideo
Oeste is in good hands!
Mom, to answer your question, I receive a few random letters here and
there, but not too many. Oh, but I got hit by a ton of bricks this last
week...I found out Shayla Troff and JoHanna Veater are both engaged! Wow.
That was weird. The last letter I got from Shay she said she "was seeing"
an RM, but it was anything crazy. And I hadn´t even heard from JoHanna
yet! Now she´s gettin´ hitched in August and Shay in October. Weird. Send
them both my love and my best. If I don´t get announcements...oh boy...we
don´t wanna know what Elder Taylor will do...! :o)
It sounds like Mary-Anne and Nathanael got settled in ok, that´s good!
And they´ve already got my room on hold for me! We might have to look into
the University´s up in Oregon. Haha. Yeah right. Just the vacations! I´m
glad everything worked out so well. Mary-Anne-find yourself a GOOD job! And
I mean GOOD. None of this, "Oh, this one was easy to find and it´s easy to
do." You´re SO good at SO many things-put it to work! It´ll help you with
the change if you keep yourself busy with something that you enjoy doing
and something that CHALLENGES you! You know I love ya! :o) And Swift-I hope
you´re ready to hit the books, bro! I´m not gonna lie, I don´t envy you.
I miss school, but not that much. Haha.
Well I was hoping to get an email from Melanie telling me about her EFY
experience, but I guess I´ll be waiting another week. Dad said something
about a duet?! What´s that? I can´t wait!
So Megan´s gonna buy a $40,000 truck, uh? Well, I´ll be home in time to
drive it, so I´m ok with that! Make sure it´s a Tacoma, Goose!
So the coat is working out great, thanks a lot. It´s perfect. I finally
finished the tape that came with it-it was a TON of fun to hear the
different people talking. All the members from the ward and what not. Make
sure you send my thanks and my love to each one of them. And Mom and
Mary-Anne sent me a "special" musical number-HAHA! I was laughing SO hard!
Thanks for that! For more details, talk to Momma T and/or my big sis.
Skyler, I think I´ve only got one letter from you since you´ve been
home. Just talking on the tapes from my family doesn´t count, bro! You can
send emails through the mission-something I couldn´t do. C´mon, slacker!
Haha. I love you man. I hope all is well.
The work is going well. Sorry I didn´t take much to talk about it today.
Elder Holmes is doing well. Starting to try and talk more. Gave his
testimony in church yesterday-it was good. I gave a talk about the
importance of members. Only got a LITTLE emotional at the end-that will
probably be my last time talking in the Rama. But who knows? Haha. Elder
Holmes is way funny. Like I said, he´s a little different, but we get a
long really well.
I hope ya´ll know that I love you! Thanks for all you love and support.
I look forward to hearing from all of you. Take care of yourselves and
don´t forget to read your scriptures. :o)
Con Cariño,
Elder Taylor

No comments: