Monday, December 8, 2008

Wow

Can you believe this is his last letter for a full week as a missionary?

What a memory!

We are looking forward as a family to seeing each of you and sharing the joy
we have of welcoming home our son.

Thanks so much for all your support, prayers, thoughts, it really takes a
village to raise a child.

Thanks for being a part of our family and being the ones that make up the
village.

Liz is decorating the house and getting everything just right.

We are all in for a surprise and the joy of a very special Christmas Season,
may the spirit of Christ be with all of you.

Merry Christmas, with love and respect to each of you.

Craig, Liz, Mary-Anne, Nathanael, Melanie and Megan




Taylor Family and Friends,
I really just don´t even know how to start this letter. It still seems unreal, but everyday it seems to come closer. Haha. Obviously, right? We had interviews with President last week; his first question was, "So is it setting in on you yet?" We just both started laughing. I couldn´t believe that was his first question! But the interview went really well. He told me some of the unknown details for what´s going down next week and everything, but other than that, we were just talking about how Tranqueras is going and what he can expect from the area in the future.
Had a good week last week. This last week and this one are tough because we are out of our area for 2 or 3 days, but what are we gonna do? Tomorrow we have zone conference in Tacuarembó, so that will be fun. It´s the Christmas conference, so everyone´s looking forward to it. It´ll also be cool because the four of us that are ending this change will all be there. Another fun bit of info-my first testimony and my last testimony in a zone conference will have been given from the same pulpit. My first conference was also in T-bó. I can´t believe that was almost two years ago.
It´s good to know that you got a hold of Elder (Tyson) Stoddard! What a punk, I haven´t heard from him at all since he left. Oh well, I´ll have to find a way to forgive him. Haha. I better, because if he´s living that close to me, we might have problems if not. :o)
Anyways, this Friday Nestor Mendez will be baptized by Elder Aaron Taylor! I´m SO excited. He stopped smoking last weekend, and we´re getting everything set up for the baptism on Friday. He was handing out invitations at Church yesterday, and on Saturday, he asked me if I would do the honors of baptizing him. He asked Elder Hughes to be a witness, and President Diaz as well. Victor was also confirmed yesterday in sacrament meeting. He´s doing great. After his baptism, I gave him one of my favorite ties. Remember the blue, yellow, and white one? Yup, that´s the one. It was hard to part with, but it was his birthday on the 23rd, and he got baptized...c´mon. Haha. President Diaz looked at me right before the confirmation and asked me to do it, so I was blessed to be able to participate.
Other than that, things are just rolling along. Elder Hughes and I are working to prepare a couple of investigators to be baptized Dec. 25th-a white Christmas. It looks like there will be a couple of them. Busy week ahead. Traveling, baptism, and also some goodbyes.
Mom, just so you know, Elder Shupe´s email is tshupe@gmail.com. I emailed him last week to let him know about my homecoming, but you might want to pass him a message just to make sure he got it. Thanks a bunch.
Well, I´m going to print up some address cards and stuff now, so I think that´ll be it for this week. I don´t know if I´ll be writing next week; if I do, I couldn´t really tell you when it will be. Sometime after Sunday and before Wednesday. Haha. So there you go! I love you all, and we´ll see you soon!
Elder Taylor

No comments: