Monday, February 25, 2008

Getting bored w/ subject lines...!

Taylor Family and Friends,
> Starting these letters is always weird. I know I´ve commented on it before, but just so you guys understand, I´m mentioning it again. Anyone got any good ideas for starting a weekly letter?
> This week was a pretty sweet week. We had Stake Conference yesterday, that was cool. Elder Huber and I had 9 investigators there for the general session. But that wasn´t even the best part; the best part was that President Peterson and his family were there! Pres. got up to speak for only about 5 minutes, but I think even person in that room could feel the power behind that man´s testimony. Pres. Peterson also gave me the chills...when he invited everyone at the conference who wasn´t yet a member of the Church to get baptized! He basically just invited around 20 people to get baptized! It was awesome.
> Nahuel is getting baptized this Friday night, and we´re working with the rest of his family, as well. We are going to invite Rosana, his older sister, with a date this week. We watched the Restoration last night and had an awesome lesson afterwards; mostly because we ate cookies that Elder Huber and I had made. :o) No, just kidding. But we compared the Restoration of the Gospel to cookies. How did we do it? Send me your ideas, and I´ll tell you how close you are!
> Anyways, Rosana got really in to President´s talk, especially when he gave the invitation. Last night, we invited her, along with the rest of the family to pray and ask if the message of the Restoration is true, and upon knowing, to be baptized. They all accepted. The Lord is really pouring out His blessings upon Elder Huber and I, and our investigators. It makes me kind of nervous, because changes are next week...I don´t want to change a good thing. Haha. But, that isn´t really a decision that I make! So, make sure you got that note, NEXT WEEK IS CHANGE WEEK, WHICH MEANS I´LL PROBLY BE WRITING ON TUESDAY. Ok, moving on.
> I don´t think I told you guys about Frederico last week, so I´ll do it now. I got a call from the offices of the mission about a week and a half ago, and they gave me a name and a address of a reference received from a member in Fray Bentos. Anyways, we went and contacted this reference, and it turns out that Frederico´s older brother sent Frederico´s name in as a reference. Frederico went and stayed w/ his older brother for a couple of weeks in Fray Bentos a couple of months ago, went to church w/ his older bro (who is a member of the Church) and he really liked. Frederico is 14, but he´s SUPER smart, and SUPER nice. He made us cake on Thursday or Friday...of course we´re going to like him. :o) The first lesson we had with him, we were just trying to get to know him a little bit, and he told us that he wanted to be sure of what we teach before he gets baptized; Frederico, there is no problem with that. Haha. We gave him a conditional invitation to be baptized, and he accepted. We have a lesson with him tonight, and we are super excited.
> Elder Huber is doing awesome. He understands basically everything, and he´s starting to open up more in lessons and whatnot. The other night he got kind of frustrated because he couldn´t express what he wanted to, but on the way home we had a good chat, and then looked up the words together when we got home. Just an awesome kid with great desires and an even better potential.
> That Spanish translation was pretty funny...all the missionaries got a good laugh at it. Maybe you should just take it to someone who speaks Spanish. ;o)
> Speaking of people who never answer questions...you guys left like all of mine unanswered! C´mon now. I have somewhat of an excuse-I only have one hour to read and write, but you guys have a whole week! Haha. Have you heard from or tried to contact Elder Stoddard? Did you tell Matt Lamunyon hi for me? How is Spring Break looking for next year? Good? Good. Hmmm...can´t remember what the other questions were, but that´s ok.
> Melanie, how was your show?! I was telling people here about it all week last week. Haha. One of our investigators, Ricardo, basically fell in love with one of the pictures I have of you! Mary-Anne sent me one of you sitting in the old computer chair when you had your extensions in, and Ricardo almost didn´t give me the picture back! Haha. Everyone here loves seeing your hair, especially!
> Alright, well I think that might just about cover it for this week. If I missed anything, please forgive me. My bad. Take care of yourselves this week! Next week will be March....weird. Have fun!
> Elder Taylor

No comments: