Monday, June 4, 2007

¡Pero qué bueno che!‏

Family and friends,
Well hey there! How ya´ll doin? All´s well and cold here in beautiful
Artigas. Yesterday was pretty darn nice, but the last week it has gotten a
LOT colder. But with all the walking we do, it´s not too bad! This week
has seemed to go by really fast. I love what one of my first Zone Leaders
said, "The days go by like weeks and the weeks go by like days." It´s
weird, but it´s so true. And next Wednesday I hit my 6-month mark-now
THAT´S weird. Some days it´s hard to believe I´ve been here that long.
I went on divisions with Elder Talbot last Saturday and he said that once
I get out of my first area (which I´m still in) the time will go by even
faster. He finishes like the first of November. We get along REALLY
well-divisions was a lot of fun, and the work went really well too. Not
necessarily in order of importance....haha. I think it was just liberating
to be able to talk in English again. It´s funny, I´m already starting to
talk a few second pauses to remember words in English. And the speech
between the Gringos is a mix of Spanish and English-it´s so fun. Like some
words are just easier or cooler in Spanish, so there´s Spanish splattered
all over in our speech. I love it. Haha.
The work is moving a long. Last Thursday, Diego and I found a really cool
lady and her 13-year old daughter. The mom USED to be Catholic, and the
daughter is VERY Catholic. I can´t believe it. This girl is probably one
of the smartest 13-year olds I´ve ever met-what´s she doin´in the
´Guay? Haha. Just kidding. But she knows A LOT about the Bible, about the
Catholic church, and she just likes to learn. We have a lesson with them
again tonight, so I´m stoked to see what happens.
As for an update on Pablo, we´re still waiting anxiously right along
with you. He had a case that he had to take to court last week, so the
schedule was basically impossible to coordinate. But there´s no need to
worry, he´s in the Lord´s hands. Maybe he just needs a little more prep
time. Either way, we´re excited to see what´s going to happen!
Eduardo had a really good week last week-he turned down the opportunity
to drink like 3 times! Sweet! We set up for Jose Luis to go and get him on
Sunday morning to go to church, but he wasn´t home when Jose Luis went
by. We passed by after church yesterday twice, but he wasn´t there either
time. We don´t know what happened, but we´re praying that he´s ok. Since
he didn´t come to the church, we have to postpone his baptismal date, but
the most important thing is that he makes it there.
Diego and I are doing well. It´s very different, like I´ve said, but I
am growing A LOT. I am really grateful for this opportunity the Lord has
given me to get to know myself better, and to learn to rely on the Lord.
Well, the silence from the States was broken this week-I heard from
Alison! Finally, somebody penetrated the postal firewall. Haha. I´ll be
waiting anxiously for the rest of them to filter in. :o) And I´ll do my
best to break down the wall that exists here, but I´ve learned that time
is quite the opponent! Haha.
I apologize for this letter being short, but there´s not a lot of
groundbreaking news this week. The work of the Lord is moving forward, and
what a blessing we have to be a part of it! Stay prepared, worthy, and in
tune, and the Lord will use you to do His work. Christ lives, and He
presides at the head of His church! Let us do our part to prepare for His
coming. Know that I love you all and that you are in my prayers daily!
Elder Taylor

Melanie-Congrats on the award! I agree 100%! Haha. And Family, don´t
forget-I´m waiting to hear from each one of you something you´ve learned
from the Book of Mormon! :o)

No comments: